A chilly evening around a fireplace can feel great with your close ones by making new memories or sharing stories.
You can be in your backyard, on the patio, or far from home at a campsite enjoying the comfort; the only drawback can be the smoke!
A smokeless fire pit comes to the rescue! It will offer you all the warmth and ambiance of a traditional fire pit, without the annoying smoke.
Here, we will review the top 10 smokeless fire pits of 2021 for you. There will be additional information about the products along with a buying guide to make your experience even smoother.
10 Best Smokeless Fire Pits In 2020 – Reviews
Fire pits built with smoke-free technology produce almost zero to minimal smoke and provide you a comfortable and healthy ambiance by reducing irritation to the eyes and respiratory system caused by fire pit smoke.
It will also save your money by providing higher fuel efficiency.
If you are an environment-friendly person and concerned about your comfort and health more than anything, smoke-free fire pits can be your best companion in cold weather.
It utilizes structural and mechanical features that channel airflow in a way that provides a more efficient and complete burning process. Poor and incomplete combustion causes smoke as a byproduct, no matter what kind of fuel source you use.
Additionally, high-temp burn and better combustion make these fire pits more efficient. They release more heat from the same amount of fuel used. It will allow you to burn less fuel and conserve your resources.
They can differ based on their quality, price, durability, fuel type, features, etc. To enjoy a fireside with no smoke, it is important for you to know the different features of these fire pits and then you can pick the best match for you.
Today we will introduce you to the 10 best smoke-free fire companions. We will also provide information about their features, benefits, and drawbacks to help you pick the right one.
1. Solo Stove Bonfire Fire Pit
It is one of the most unique smoke-free fire pits for your outdoor experience. You can get higher efficiency with a negligible amount of smoke and yet you can easily carry it around.
If you are an adventurous person, like to go camping or love outdoor cozy parties in chilly weather, this is the best pick for you. The minimal yet modern design will be a cherry on top for you!
The double combustion feature of this fire pit produces little to almost zero smoke by maximizing the airflow and burning process. The more efficient the burning process is, the less fuel you will need. It is portable, so you can easily carry it anywhere.
- Double Combustion: The secondary combustion feature makes this fire pit unique and more efficient for you than most of the other products.
- Modern Design: Designed in a minimal but contemporary way, this round-shaped fire pit is made of stainless steel that will catch your eyes even in the dark. Its length is 14″ and its diameter is 19.5″.
- Lightweight and Portable: It weighs approximately 20 pounds. So, you can carry this portable fire pit whenever you want, anywhere you want. You will also get a heavy-duty carry case FOR FREE with this fire pit which makes it pretty handy.
- Minimum Emission
- Prevents blackening of the glass cover or door
- No Setup Required
- You will not need any gas or propane to operate it
- You can also get a cage to cover the top of the fire pit for safety measures.
- Sturdy and durable
- If you leave it outside, it may start to rust.
- There is no bottom clip to take out the ashes and debris.
Compared to the negligible disadvantages, this fire pit can be an ideal choice for you for its durability, easy accessibility, and unique design. You can just flip the flame ring and go!
2. Flame Genie Portable Smoke-Free Fire Pit
Flame Genie offers captivating larger flames to make your outdoor experience memorable. It can be your best and safest fire pit companion with zero smoke, zero sparks with the lowest maintenance effort.
If you have eyes for mesmerizing ambiance for your outdoor parties but want to avoid the hassle of frequent cleaning, this is the ideal choice for you.
It uses wood pellets instead of firewood. Wood pellets consist of low moisture elements and it results in a more efficient, cleaner burn than cordwood. Also, wood pellets are easy to handle and you will have less ash to clean up.
It comes with compact storage and can hold more debris and ashes. So, it won’t consume your time by frequent cleaning.
- Gravitational Afterburner system to provide you longer flames and burn times
- This comes in a single body to save you from extra hassle
- Portable: There are bottom nests in the top so that you can carry it easily
- Sleek Design: Flame Genie offers you fashionable two models to choose from: Black Galvanized Steel and Stainless Steel
- Size Preference: There are two sizes available for your convenience, the diameters of 13.5’’ and 19’’
- Intense flame
- Zero spark
- It will not rust or discolor if left outside
- The Flame Genie Tote for storage cover
- The Flame Genie durable canvas can be bought separately to contain residual ash during storage
- No Setup Required
- You can put it off within 10-20 minutes
- Produces very little ash
- If you leave the galvanized black model outside, it may start to rust
If you prefer less work and more enjoyment, you can buy a smoke-free and spark-free Flame Genie without hesitation.
3. Solo Stove Low Smoke Wood Burning Stove
Gear of the Year winner, Solo Stove is a package of everything you want in a smokeless fire pit. You will get fast and efficient service from it using less fuel and also can make it your companion literally anywhere.
If you are a serious backpacker or love to go hiking or camping but tired of carrying annoying propane tanks, or heavy stoves, you are absolutely gonna love this product because of all it has to offer you.
Designed with a double layer, the Solo Stove has a unique airflow system which makes it highly efficient. It is portable and weighs around only one pound being the most lightweight stove to buy, so you can easily carry it according to your need.
- Engineered to radiate higher heat for you without fans or batteries
- Unbelievably lightweight and portable to be your reliable fire partner
- The secondary combustion feature of this stove makes it unique and more efficient for you than most of the smokeless stoves.
- Made of 304 stainless steel and nichrome wire to provide you durability and higher efficiency
- Titan nests inside the pot to offer you compact storage (Sold separately)
- Nature friendly
- Wood burning
- Fast and efficient
- Fuel flexibility: Sticks, twigs, pine cones, biomass, etc can be used
- Long durability
- Fast boil time (4-6 min)
- Dismantles and cools off quickly
- Setup required
If you want to get a stove that will cost you less but offer you a lot more, nothing can beat this one. Get yours and make your adventures smoother than ever!
4. Double Flame BREEO Smokeless Fire Pit
Super high efficiency featuring Double Flame BREEO is the best multifunctional fire pit for all outdoor enthusiasts. It was designed for you with affordability and portability in mind. You can get a smokeless ambiance while using it outside for a lifetime.
If you are an all-time outdoor enthusiast, this fire companion can be a lifetime investment for you.
This fire pit is smaller in size, easy to move anywhere you want, and it is built in such a way that it can withstand heavy use for a lifetime. The double system makes it super efficient as well.
- Dual Function Versatility: You can transform it into a wood-fired grill by attaching the Breeo OutPost grill
- Secondary Combustion System to provide you a smoke-free ambiance and higher efficiency
- Weighs around 42 pounds
- It is portable so that you can freely move it
- Heavy Duty Construction feature makes it sturdy and strong for your use
- It is built to last with you for a long term
- Made of 304 stainless steel to make it durable for you
- Cooking Compatibility: You will get a built-in accessory post sleeve and you can separately buy a compatible locking mechanism for live-fire cooking
- Incredible design
- Rust resistant
- Lightweight and Sturdy
- Long durability
- The bottom plate is the only complete weld, the rest of the construction is made of tack welds.
If you want to get a fire pit that will sustain in your backyard, or on the patio throughout the year and even in the following years, you should definitely go for this product. With this one, you can get an ultimate fire experience with a safe investment.
5. Solo Stove Smokeless Fire Pit with Stand
The Solo Stove Yukon allows you to get the biggest and most mesmerizing flames at your own outdoor space. You can quickly light the fire and enjoy a smokeless warm environment while having all the comfort and convenience you seek for.
If you love outdoor gatherings but also prefer comfort and convenience, this fire pit is the right one for you. It will undoubtedly make your fire experience both enjoyable and memorable!
Features like unique ventilation, secondary combustion, and stand enable this fire pit to have an efficient air flow and burning process. So, you will need less fuel as it can use resources like logs, larger sticks, or even woody debris for its fuel. The stand also makes this fire pit more efficient and easier for you to maintain.
- Unique Function: The secondary combustion and double wall design allow this fire pit to create bigger flames for your ambiance without emitting any smoke.
- Modern Design: Using smoke-free technology, this fire pit is made of 304 stainless steel to make it durable for you
- Flexibility: The Solo Stove comes with a stand that makes it unique and more convenient. You can place it on heat sensitive surfaces as well like wood decks without having to worry about it.
- Lightweight and Portable: It weighs around 49 pounds and transportable. So, you can bring it to your outdoor gatherings, and parties.
- Safety Feature: You will get a Yukon Shield to keep your family, friends, and environment safe from sparks, and embers.
- Additional: You will get a waterproof, durable Yukon Shelter to cover and protect your stove from adverse situations while storing.
- Easy to set up
- Long lasting and Sturdy
- Low smoke
- Log friendly
- You will not need any gas or propane to operate it
- Yukon Cover and Screen Guard
- Can’t be moved frequently
This product is offering you a lot more than what you are paying for. Nothing can beat this one when it comes to offering comfort and flexibility. You should definitely get it to have a smoother outdoor fire experience.
6. Wicker Rattan Smoke-Free Gas Fire Pit Table
Modway brand launched one of the finest Fire Pit Tables for you. You can bring both style and function to your outdoor space with Wicker Rattan Fire Pit Table.
If you love flickering flames while enjoying a cozy, smokeless, elegant ambiance in chilly weather, this one can set it just right for you.
You can add a refreshing, modern look to your backyard, patio, or any other outdoor space with this fire table filled with tempered glass beads in the center pit. You will also get smoke-free flames for up to 16 hours because of its high efficiency.
- You will get synthetic Rattan weave
- It is a 40,000 BTU burner to radiate higher heat for your fireside
- You will need Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LP Gas)/ Propane Gas to operate it
- CSA Certified
- It has temperature adjusting dials to make it flexible for you to use
- Weighs around 67 pounds
- Comes with waterproof espresso paint finish
- Easy to control
- Crafted with durable materials
- Safe and Sturdy
- Burns up to 8 hours on high and 16 hours on low
- Assembly required
- External propane gas required
If you are looking for a fire pit that is perfect for entertaining, relaxation and can make your outdoor environment look sleek too, the Wicker Rattan Table is undoubtedly the right grab for you.
7. Blue Sky Portable Smoke-Free Fire Pit
Blue Sky Fire Pit promises you an elevated ambiance along with high quality, higher efficiency, and safety for you and your close ones.
If you are looking for a reliable, convenient and at the same time appealing fire pit for your outdoor space, Blue Sky is just what you are looking for.
Made with quality craft, this fire pit is designed to perform in an efficient way without producing much smoke, spark, or burnt smell. You will get a significant amount of heat without putting in much effort and using less fuel. You can easily clean it up and also carry it around because of its convenient size and negligible weight.
- Radiates high heat: It can generate heat that may exceed 1,200 degrees Fahrenheit to keep your environment warm
- Fuel type: You can use hardwood pellets to keep it burning
- You will require a limited assembly to get started
- Painted with high-temperature heat resistant paint to save you from the hassle of re-painting within a short period of time
- It is crafted with durable materials to make it last longer for you
- Weighs around 18.96 pounds
- It is designed in a unique way to stand out in your backyard, or patio
- User-friendly: Easy to use and clean
- Lightweight: Easy to carry and store
- Can be assembled easily and quickly
- You will get a variety of choices for lids, rings, and sizes
- Consistent performance
- Made with material responsive to rust
- Gradually shows signs of rust
If you want to enjoy an outdoor gathering or campsite experience, get the Blue Sky Fire companion to maximize the ease of having a fire.
8. INNO STAGE Smokeless Fire Pit Bowl
INNO STAGE is one of the best cost effective portable fire pits that can offer you a smokeless, warm ambiance for small gatherings, or campsites.
If your goal is to get a portable non gas fueled fire pit at an affordable price, you would love to invest in this fire bowl because of its quality, affordability and long durability.
The double wall design of this fire bowl enables it to maximize airflow and burning process. As a result, you will get efficient heat without smoke or burnt smell while spending a reasonable amount of money on this. The negligible weight and handy size will also maximize the benefits for you.
- Cool Shape: This two-tier structured fire bowl has double wall design that increases its efficiency for you. The bottom of this fire bowl will also serve as an ashtray for your convenience
- Variety: There are two choices of the INNO STAGE for you to pick from. One is of stainless steel and the other one is painted absolutely black that makes it even more appealing for your backyard
- Fuel Type: You can use hardwood pellets, or any flammable biomass
- Durable: It is made from sturdy metal, resistant to high temperature and rust to give you a long time service
- Easy to use: This fire pit is very easy to set up, you just need to put two parts together
- Handy: The outer diameter of 15’’ (inner diameter 11.4’’) and height of 12.5’’ make this fire bowl very convenient to use and even carry easily. There are especially added handles to make it even more convenient for you to move.
- Portable and lightweight: This fire bowl weighs around 2.27 pounds only and it was designed for you keeping portability in mind
- Additional: You will also get a durable polyester carrying bag with soft handle protection and waterproof inside to move it however you want
- Bigger opening on top
- Easy to set up
- Low smoke
- Sturdy and long lasting
- Portable and handy
- Super lightweight
- Unique design
- FREE carrying bag
- May require more fuel as wood pellets burn faster than logs
- Requires constant tending
If you consider heat output, easy maintenance, affordability, durability and overall, a good value for money, this fire stove should be your ideal choice.
9. Urban Deco Smokeless Wood Burning Fire Pit
Add coziness and warmth to your backyard, patio, courtyard or any other outdoor space with this amazingly designed Urban Deco Wood Burning Fire Pit.
If you want to enjoy the vibe of an open wood fire with less smoke and no suffocation, this sustainable fire pit can offer you all the things you are looking for.
It produces a negligible amount of smoke and radiates higher heat providing comfort and a touch of warm environment for you. The design and stand enable this fire pit to maximize its efficiency and performance to offer you a better experience.
- Modern Design: This round shaped fire bowl is featured with double stainless walls that will reduce the smoke and radiate higher heat for your fireside.
- Material: It is made of Alloy Steel and Stainless Steel by the brand Urban Deco to offer you a smooth experience with a long time service
- Fuel Type: You can use hardwood pellets to keep it burning
- Long Lasting: It is made from sturdy thick steel. It also coated with black powder to prevent rust and offer you long term durability
- Easy to Assemble: It will take you only a few minutes and a screwdriver to set it up whether you have prior experience or not.
- Handy: This 23.6’’ patio fire pit is conveniently portable to take it along with you to your outdoor space.
- This fire bowl weighs around 48.5 pounds and you can transport it easily wherever you want.
- Additional: You will also get a durable, waterproof round fire pit cover made of 420D oxford fabric to protect the fire pit from humidity, rain, snow, dust, or direct UV rays while storing
- Rust resistant
- Easy to set up
- Minimum smoke
- Comes with a stand
- Sturdy and sustainable
- Portable and handy
- Modern design
- FREE waterproof cover
- Assembly required
- Needs a third hand to set up
If you prefer a large smokeless heat area within a small footprint, this sustainable, budget-friendly fire pit should be your top pick. With Urban Deco, you get what you pay for!
10. Esright Stainless Steel Smokeless Fire Pit
The innovative Esright fire stove is offering you an exquisite design with high efficiency along with a safe environment to enjoy a pleasant outdoor experience.
If you want to relax sitting in front of a fireplace without suffocation and enjoy an outdoor event with your friends and family in cold weather, this fire pit can be your ideal companion.
The double combustion feature enables this silver colored stainless fire pit to reduce smoke emission and maximize the airflow and burning process to produce more heat. The more efficient the burning process is, the less fuel you will need.
- Double Combustion: The secondary combustion and double wall features allow the air through and arrive to top vents, and then reduce the smoke by burning it off.
- Space-Saving Design: Made with 304 stainless steel, it is innovatively air duct designed and comes in a compact size and shape allowing you more space than ever
- Lightweight and Portable: It weighs approximately 49 pounds and portable. So, you can easily transport it or move however you want
- Easy to Assemble: It is completely built and you can assemble it within 5-10 minutes. All the necessary assembly tools will be provided with the fire pit for you.
- Latest Smoke-free technology
- Minimum Emission
- Easily assembles and easily lit
- Assembly tools and user manual for free
- Multiple Scenes Use
- Environment-friendly and safe
- Minimum discoloration
- Assembly Required
- Incomplete weld package
Esright is conveniently portable to take along with you to any outdoor site without having to worry about smoke, gas tanks, or price. It comes at a reasonable price while offering you durability, easy accessibility, and space-saving design. For all the practical purposes, you should definitely consider this fire stove.
Things To Consider Before Buying Smokeless Fire Pit
You may desire for a cozy ambiance by the fireplace on a cold winter evening with your friends and family, or may want to enjoy watching the flickering flames under the beautiful open sky by the beach, or at campsite.
A smoke-free fire pit can offer you the warmth and coziness any time of the year while enjoying the outdoor views.
While choosing the right one for you, there are different factors that you should consider. Fire Pits come in a variety of styles and features, fuel sources, and price ranges.
So, it is important for you to gather all the necessary information about smoke-free fire pits to have a good chance picking the perfect one for your outdoor space.
Here, we will provide you a buying guide of such fireplaces considering all the vital factors to help you make the right choice.
There will be an additional FAQ section to make your experience better and smoother.
While buying your fire companion, these are the top things you need to consider:
While choosing the product, your prime concern should be the burning process or combustion system of it. With features like double wall design, secondary combustion, the aim is to send oxygen directly into the base of the fire for a more efficient, cleaner burn. Fire pits with an efficient combustion system produce little to zero smoke.
2. Easy Assembly
If you need to carry a hardware shop with you, or spend hours to set up your fire pit at your outdoor space, then it may ruin the fun for you.
You should go for the fire pits that require no assembly, or are easy to set up. If they need two/three pieces of tools but require only a few minutes to get it done, then it shouldn’t really be a concern for you.
No matter how modern or unique the design is, if your fire pit is not convenient to maintain, it can be a real trouble for you. Go for the fire pits that you can easily light, put off, clean, and store.
Nothing can make your fire pit experience better than a convenient way to maintain.
You don’t want to spend a hell lot of money on fuel while operating a smokeless fire pit within a short period of time. Hence, you need to be careful about the efficiency of a fire pit while deciding to get it.
The more efficient a fire pit is, the less fuel you will need. You can get an idea about how efficient a fire pit is by knowing its combustion system and average initial burning time.
You may want to invest in a fire pit that will sustain for some time. So, getting a fire pit that is sturdy and durable is a crying need for you.
You need to consider buying fire pits that are made of durable materials such as, steel, 304 stainless steel, alloy steel, powder coated steel, cast iron, copper etc. Fire pits crafted with durable materials may last longer than your expectation and make your investment fruitful.
You must need to use a durable cover while storing your fire pit. Don’t hesitate to buy separately if it doesn’t come free. Because, It will be a good investment for your fire pit.
Types of Fuel
1. Propane/Natural Gas
To avoid the hassle of carrying wood, you can go for fire pits that run on propane or LP Gas. Fuel type doesn’t make much difference in the performance of a fire pit if it is highly efficient. So, it entirely depends on your preference when it comes to fuel types.
2. Fire Logs/ Wood
While enjoying a smokeless ambiance, you may crave to feel the essence of a traditional fire pit. If you are someone who loves the smell of wood burning, the sound of wood crackling in the fire, or watching the embers glow and spark, you should go for fire pits that run on fire logs, wood, or hardwood pellets.
If you have a renewable source of biomass and don’t wanna spend extra bucks on fuel, you may opt for fire pits that have flexibility with fuel resources and are environment-friendly.
Safety always comes first. No matter how big flames your fire pit creates, if it is not safe for your close ones, you definitely don’t want it.
Smoke-free fire stoves that produce little to almost no spark can be a safe option. However, it will not be a problem if you use a screen guard, or screen cover over your fire pit. You should always buy it separately if you are not necessarily getting it with the fire pit.
Beside that, choose a fire pit that is also nature friendly. You don’t want to pollute the environment while having fun.
Your purchasing decision may depend on your budget to a great extent. While buying a fire pit, consider if you will get what you are paying for.
Investing a bit extra can be a wise decision if you are going for a fire pit that can offer you special features, or higher efficiency, or may have a long durability.
Frequently Asked Question
Here are a few additional information on smokeless fire pits that you may be interested to know!
1. How does smokeless fire pits work?
The smokeless fire pits are uniquely designed with smoke-free technology that enable it to maximize its airflow and burning process. This allows oxygen to reburn the fuel which causes your fire to be smokeless.
2. What kind of firepit gives off the most heat?
Even though fuel type doesn’t make much difference in the performance of a fire pit if it is highly efficient. But if you want your fire pit to radiate comparatively more heat, you may go for smokeless fireplaces that run on wood, hardwood pellets, or logs.
3. How to clean a fire pit?
While smokeless fire pits are very durable and can typically handle year-round weather conditions without a lot of maintenance, they still require occasional cleaning.
Remove all ash and debris from the bowl once it fills up. You can use tools like brush, shovel, gloves while cleaning. Once the fire pit is clean, rinse with water and allow it to dry for 48-72 hours.
However, please try to follow the instruction guide, or user manual that you will get with your fire pit for the best outcome.
4. How to maintain a fire pit?
To maintain your smokeless fire pit, never leave it outside after using. Always clean before you store it. You must need to use a durable cover while storing your fire pit to make it more durable.
5. Which type of smokeless fire pit last long?
Fire pits that are crafted with durable materials and are high in build quality may last for a longer term.
6. Do smokeless fire pits work?
Smokeless fire pits definitely work. Although, there’s actually no such thing as a completely smokeless fire pit. A smokeless fire pit, however, may produce a very negligible amount of smoke while lighting it.
Let’s have a quick look at what you have acquired so far. You have got the review of 10 best smoke-free fire pits in detail providing information such as special features, affordability, portability, durability, fuel types etc.
If you have already planned for your winter outdoor experience, consider going for one that will fit in your budget. You may consider buying a lightweight, portable one for your campsite, or adventure trips that won’t make it difficult for you to carry with your belongings and won’t consume a big chunk of your time in setting up.
If you are considering buying one for your outdoor parties, or gatherings, you can go for the ones that offer higher heat, are easy to clean up, and store.
So, did it make your decision-making easier? Did you find the answers you were looking for? If it helped you with the necessary information you needed, we will be glad to know. Share your opinions with us and if there’s something more to add, let us know in the comment section. We would appreciate your feedback!
Now, you can decide which smokeless fire pit can be your partner this winter. Buy it according to your preference and enjoy a mesmerizing fire experience.