You may have many reasons for purchasing firewood. One of the reasons might be you want to have your house clear out, and for that, you need to burn a few things that you don’t need or have a family round for a nice campfire where you can roast marshmallows throughout the whole night. Well, whatever the reason, the primary thing is you never know when you might need it.
10 Best Firewood Reviews
You might be searching for the best firewood for you, but you don’t know which one works best or which one is going to serve you for a long time. Just keep this in mind we have listed the ten best firewood, which is available in the market right away to make your buying decision much more straightforward. So let’s see what we have brought for you.
1. Green Mountain Firewood 8 Log Bundles
Green Mountain Firewood logs are made of sweet-smelling sawdust, shavings, and wood chips, squeezed and extruded into a suitable size. They are easy to start, burn effectively, and won’t spit off the spark. These logs are the natural alternative to pre-packaged manufactured logs made with petroleum waxes and other harmful additives.
These logs are not impregnated with harmful petroleum waxes, chemicals, or toxic binders. We include all-natural fatwood fire starters, so your fire is simple to get started. Make sure to store in dry conditions.
- Nothing but wood. No additives or binders. No bugs, fungus, or mold. Pasteurized in process.
- Natural wood aroma. No harmful chemicals in your home or the air.
- Build a 2-hour fire, or add more to extend the experience (2-5 hour burn time).
- Use in any stove, fireplace, fire pit, or barbecue.
- Quick, comfortable lighting, with fatwood fire starters (included)
- Heat output beats cordwood and standard fire logs
- High BTU output 8852 Btu/#1 (Oak 5400).
- Less than 4% moisture and stores in 1/3 the space of cordwood.
- Minimal smoke and no creosote buildup
- < .5% ash, and no popping or cracking.
- Manufacturer: R.M. Industries
- Lights fast
- Bruns hot
- Best for camp cooking
- Burns for hours
- Hard to light
This wood is excellent, no time to start it, and it lasted a couple of hours for the kids to make s’ mores and keep you all warm. It’s a little tough to get burning.
2. Timbertote Cubic Natural Hardwood Mix Fire Log
Kiln-dried, long-lasting firewood for the entire family to enjoy. The TimberTote Hardwood Firewood Mix brings high-quality firewood to your campsite, fire pit, or fireplace for cozy fires and gooey s’ mores. This firewood bundle uses a mix of various hardwood fire logs for easy lighting and best results. By mixing woods, you’ll enjoy a long-lasting fire that produces dynamic flames and flickering flame colors.
- Natural hardwood for long-lasting, enjoyable fires
- Hardwood mix for dynamic fires
- Klin-dried logs light easily
- For indoor & outdoor use
- Convenient packaging
- Burn fast
- Perfect for s’ mores
- Burns well
- Large log
- Burns up very quickly
They are easy to light and are a great addition to indoor fireplaces and outdoor fire pits, and campfires alike. Perfect for s’ mores as well. The only thing that we do not like is the size of the logs. They are much larger and burn up very quickly.
3. Wilson Enterprises White Birch Split Firewood
Enjoy time spent by the fireplace or backyard campfire, without any of the hassles of finding wood. Firewood is clean, kiln-dried, and split. All of their wood products undergo a dry kiln process that sterilizes, wicks away moisture, and preserves the bark’s integrity. Each product is unique as this is a natural product and may not match the picture identically.
- Kiln dried to sterilize
- Wick away moisture
- Preserve the integrity of the natural bark.
- Use as decorative pieces in your home or cabin, burn for a cozy fire, or use as cooking wood.
- Aged, dried, and split firewood available in several wood types.
- Development of the USA. Proudly made in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula.
- Clean, fresh wood
- Amazing smell
- Great quality wood
- Dry woods
- Lights quickly and burns beautifully
- A little expensive
Order full boxes of these seasoned firewood logs and enjoy time spent by the fireplace or backyard campfire, without any of the hassles of finding wood! This split wood can also create a warm look by placing it in or next to the fireplace in a display basket.
4. Pine Mountain Chimney Fire Log
Prevent dangerous chimney fires with the Pine Mountain Creosote Buster Firelog designed with First Alert, the most trusted brand in-home safety products. Creosote Buster firelog reduces creosote buildup and the chance of a home heating fire, the second leading cause of home fires.
- Simple to use: add to an existing fire
- All-natural and contains no wax
- Reduces creosote in wood fireplaces and wood stoves
- Removes two times as much creosote as the Chimney Sweeping Log (CSL)*
- Patented technology**
- Approved by the Chimney Institute of America for chimney safety
- Works like a charm
- Worth the money
- No smoke at all
- Very small in size
It burned well and thoroughly. One great thing about this best burning wood is that it creates no smoke at all. If you are looking for a great purchase within a limited budget, go for this one.
5. Fatwood 50 L.B. Box Fire Starter
Fatwood is nature’s best kindling! These 8″ sticks are resin-rich and loaded with organic resins that ignite instantly. It only takes two sticks of Fatwood fire-starter to get an intense fire burning quickly.
Fatwood fire-starting sticks have an unspecified shelf life and even ignites once wet! You can use the sticks in woodstoves, indoor and outdoor fireplaces, campfires, chimneys, fire pits, and more. Remember, Fatwood makes a great gift at any time of year.
- Fatwood fire-starter kindling sticks
- 100% all-natural, no chemicals or additives
- Harvested from naturally felled trees
- Loaded with resins for fast fire starting
- Ignites instantly, burns at a high heat
- Just two sticks start a roaring fire
- No more newspapers, chemicals, or splitting kindling
- Excellent for fireplace, wood stove fire pit, camping
- As great as advertised
- Takes a few pieces to get the fire going in a little time
- It’s a reliable product
- The burlap bag came without the design
These best burning woods makes a great gift any time of year. Don’t run out; buy in bulk and save, too. Through the years, Plow & Hearth have remained dedicated to their guiding principles: they treat their customers like neighbors and friends. They offer quality products backed by their satisfaction guarantee. So nothing to worry about, make a firm decision, and step out to grab your desired product!
6. Eco-Stix Fatwood Fire Starter
Our Fatwood is 100% all-natural fire sticks harvested from leftover stumps of pine trees. Internal resin allows it to light easily & is a great fire starter. Whether you are just looking for a few for camping or large quantities for wood stoves, we have you covered.
- Contains no petrochemical additives
- Comes in a variety of Boxes
- Fast and easy fire
- Good smell
- Does not take much of a flame to start
- Burns quickly and easily
- Great for camping
- Perfect for the job with no splintering on fingers
- It is more significant than regular Fatwood
Many uses such as wood stove, fireplace, hearth, fire pit, camping, hiking, hunting, etc. Put Eco Stix at the bottom with three or more, crisscrossed or overlapped. Put your wood on top & light Eco Stix to start your fire quickly. We hope that you enjoy this product & will become a 100% satisfied customer.
7. Smoak Firewood Cooking Wood Logs
Kiln-dried, long-lasting firewood for the whole family to enjoy. The Smoak Firewood White Oak Cooking Mini Logs brings high-quality competition-grade firewood to your recipes. Smoak Firewood’s wood is USDA certified, pest-free, and non-chemically treated. Their unique kiln drying process reduces the wood’s moisture content, which allows the wood to burn cleaner, hotter, and provide a long-lasting fire.
- Cooking Wood Mini Logs (8in pieces)
- Competition Grade Quality Made in the USA
- USDA Certified pest free,100% organic NO chemicals
- Provides a long-lasting burn which infuses flavor
- Smoak with the BEST wood! Experience the difference!
- Pest-free and non-chemically treated
- Great for indoor/outdoor cooking, including grills, smokers, fire pits, and pizza ovens
- The unique kiln drying process reduces moisture content for a cleaner and hotter burn.
- Great quality, burns clean and hot
- Excellent service
- Burns hotter than any other logs
- Firewood gives a great taste to the food
- Great aroma, slow-burning
- The price is a little high
These are great. Burns hot, has a great flavor, everything you could expect.
8. Kiln Dried Premium Oak Firewood
Perfect for keeping warm or cooking needs. Kiln-dried firewood allows the wood to burn cleaner and hotter because the moisture content has been reduced. The Kiln Dried Premium Oak Firewood is harvested fresh from Georgia then kiln dried to a perfect moisture content that allows the wood to burn cleaner and hotter than other products.
- Kiln Dried Premium Oak Firewood
- USDA certified pest-free
- The light easily burn cleaner and hotter than other products
- Can be used to keep warm or to cook wood needs
- Competition grade quality
- Available in: 10 Inch
- Premium Quality Kiln Dried Oak Logs
- Each of nets contains 9 – 12 Logs
- Ready to Burn
- Average Moisture Content Below 20%
- Long-Lasting Burn
- High Heat Output
- Excellent firewood, super high quality
- Smells incredible and burns well
- The wood is heavy
- Burns hotter and produces way less smoke
- Cut in perfect stove lengths
- The pieces are too small
Burning these3 Kiln Dried Logs will give you the maximum heat output per log, making them more cost-effective over seasoned or part seasoned alternatives. Burning Kiln Dried Logs keeps your wood burner flue and glass clear of any tar residue and nasty deposits as well. It will undoubtedly help extend your wood burner or appliance’s life and save you money on chimney sweeping fees.
9. Kiln-Dried Cedar Kindling
Kindling is a necessary bridge to transfer fire and heat from tinder to larger firewood. With its nicely-designed Hearth Box, Wildwood Kindling will look great sitting next to the fireplace in anyone’s home. Wildwood Kindling is free of dirt, bark, and debris, making for no-mess storage. It is 100% free of any chemicals or additives, so you can feel good about burning this kindling in your home or yard.
- 100% Natural
- Free of Dirt and Debris
- Approximately 150 pieces
- Attractive Hearth Box
- Kiln-Dried Western Red Cedar
- 100% drier wood
- Kiln-dried for effortless lighting as well as an even, long-lasting burn
- Mess-free. Contains no bark, dirt, bugs, or other contaminants
- Burns hotter and longer
- Keep the fire burns for a long time
- Quick and easy to get a roaring flame
- Perfect kindling for Urbanites and Suburbanites
- Excellent quality for the price
- The box is smaller in size
Wildwood Kindling is free of dirt, bark, and debris, making for no-mess storage. It is 100% free of any chemicals or additives, so you can feel good about burning this kindling in your home or yard.
10. Oklahoma Joe’s Wood Smoker Chunks
Use Oklahoma Joe’s Hickory Wood Chunks to infuse food with savory flavor. Just place wood chunks in your smoker box or directly on grates and pair with darker proteins for optimum results.
- Wood chunks have a long burning life
- A handful of pieces will provide 20 minutes of smoke
- Chunks do not require soaking in water
- Place directly on hot gray coals or gas grill radiants such as lava rock or ceramic briquettes
- Can be placed directly on grilling surface around meat
- Keep the grill lid closed so that meat absorbs smoke flavor
- Add a handful of wood chunks to charcoal to boost the flavor
- Place in a smoker box or aluminum foil pocket when using an electric or gas grill
- Put directly on grill grates when using an infrared grill
- Nice big chunks like you would expect
- Very minimal bark
- Burst into flame within minutes
- Produce a better smoke than hickory for most meats
- The smell is not so pleasant
Oklahoma Joe’s hickory wood chunks are ideal for smoking meats, poultry, vegetables or fish, and are made of all-natural wood chunks. Try mixing with other wood flavors to achieve your own custom smoked taste.
The Best Types of Firewood
At the very beginning, let’s have a look at all the different types of firewood you might experience. Do you know that all kinds of wood do not make excellent firewood? Yes, and there are various reasons for this. We will start from the best quality firewoods to the worst for your better experience.
Among all, oak is the most common and one of the best firewood you can choose.
Generally, oak burns slow yet long because of its density, which means you can have a longer fire just using a lot less wood. On top of that, oak is broadly available all over North America because there it grows in abundance. Unlike other timber, it has a longer seasoning time, the quality of the fire is just excellent, and all pay off.
You can use oak for a fireplace, wood-burning stove, or a campfire, and you will get great satisfaction.
Ash is one of the easier wood to split, and it offers a stable burn. You will find it into lovely little pieces, which is perfect for any fireplace or wood stove.
Do you know that ash grows in eastern and central North America? You can burn ashes nice and hot; they are also perfect for lighting when they are green. You can expect a great burn without having to mix woods, just filling your fireplace 100% with ash.
Maple burns almost like ash and will give you a steady, hot burn. You will find them all over the U.S because they are widely available.
Besides, maple is such firewood with a lower density than other hardwood available in the market, for example, oak and ash. It has a great smell too. Maple tends to season much quicker than others, but the bad thing is it starts to smell quite bad after a long time.
This one is not so available as the three wood-types above, yet beech is another excellent firewood if you can get it.
Beech trees are mostly found in the northeast U.S. it is relatively easy to split, with the irregular tough piece to deal with. It burns hot and does not produce a lot of sparks, thus making it great for campfires.
An additional bonus that you will get with beech is its non-crackling bark, allowing less mess while transporting.
You can expect a long and hot burn, thanks to the density of hickory.
Hickory is tough to split because it is solid naturally, so it is used regularly to make tools and furniture. It is tough to start; once it is activated, the results are excellent. And last but not least, the hickory takes almost a year to season.
Apple woods are not usually used for firewood, yet they make excellent firewood. Applewood is very strong and of high-quality.
For smoking meats and cooking, applewood is best because it gives the meat an apple-like taste. Naturally, applewood burns slow and hot, which means less wood for a more extended period of burning. Yes, it is the right choice for a fireplace, but it might be a little harder to light.
Keep in mind; you must know every single firewood is not going to serve you equally. Each one has its unique characteristics; that is why you should always check before you spend your cash on seeing what type of firewood you have.
Did you know?
When any wood is newly cut, it contains around 45% of water; this is why it needs to be seasoned. If the wood is not tempered correctly, it won’t serve you well, which means it won’t light very well.
Now it’s time to share with you in brief what we have discussed. We have talked about the ten best firewoods and make an effort to review them, providing them with their detailed data.
So if you find any facilities or you have gathered new information about firewoods from this article. We would be happy to know that. So leave your comment below as it drives us to work hard and collect genuine information for you.