Targeting the spring and summer, many people decorate their outdoor space for several social events. But for the fall and winter entertainment, not everyone plans. But solving this problem is very simple. Buy the best quality outdoor fireplace, and you’re ready to go.
Fireplaces don’t necessarily need to place indoors anymore, thanks to advancements in all-weather materials surfacing within the past ten years. There are plenty of options to choose from depending on your taste and how much room you have.
Best Outdoor Fireplace Reviews
Once you buy one of these grand fireplaces for your patio, backyard, or deck, you will wonder how you managed to go so long without having one. Yes, this model will allow you to enjoy your guest for the entire year. Below we have given ten best outdoor fireplace reviews with their detailed information.
1. Sunjoy Atticus Wood Burning Fireplace
The Sunjoy Atticus Wood Burning fireplace will make you feel special every night, even in your home. This beautiful outdoor chimney is made of ceramic tile and rust-resistant powder-coated steel. Let’s look into more detailed features of this product.
- Made of ceramic tile
- Rust-resistant powder-coated steel
- Smoke directed up and away
- Functional chimney
- Mesh screen
- Removable grate
- Copper finish
- Color: Black or brown color options
- Fuel Type: Wood
- Easy assembly
- Solid outdoor fireplace
- Great Addition to our Backyard
- This product is beautiful and practical
- The tendency of getting rust
Just one word is enough to describe this outdoor fireplace’s appearance, and that is “Beautiful.” It is sturdy and powerfully built; since this product’s materials are durable, there is a high chance of lasting a long time. Just one thing to keep in mind, the price is a bit high, but you will be getting many benefits buying this fire pit.
2. Landmann Outdoor Redford Fireplace
Landman is such a leading manufacturing company that a significant number of customers love its products. You can quickly identify Landmann USA 25722 Redford, among other competitive products. The reason is its unique design. The structure of this product is just like a box made with strong steel.
- They are explicitly designed for REDFORD Fireplaces.
- Prevents rain and waste
- Snug fitted in the bottom of the fire pit, so the wind can not pull it off.
- Suitable over Spark Guard. Made of durable PVC material. It is weather-resistant
- Product Dimensions: 27″ x 23.5″ x 37″, Weight: 2 lbs. Sold Only REDFORD COVER
- Handsome outdoor fireplace with chimney
- Sturdy steel construction and speckled bronze finish
- 360-degree view and large spark screen with hinged doors
- Includes poker and removable firepan
- Includes wood grate
- Includes poker tool
- No outdoor cover (sold separately)
If you buy this product from Landmann, you will get precisely according to your desire and what you pay for. The price range is affordable, so you don’t need to spend much to get it. But remember, you need to maintain this fire pit to get service for a long time.
3. Deckmate Corona Outdoor Chimenea Fireplace
For a more elegant and beautiful look for your backyard, the Deckmate Corona is just the product you might be searching for. It is designed with an eye-shaped and embossed for a more elegant and beautiful look in your backyard. The eye-shape confirms you enjoy a 360-degree view of the fire.
- heavy-duty cast iron construction
- embossing and wire mesh screening
- 360-degree view for the bulb shape
- Sliding door makes adding fuel with ease
- Rain cap stops flooding between the chimney
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Efficient airflow
- 360 degrees view of the fire
- Doesn’t handle long logs
- It is cumbersome for its size
A lovely gift idea for new homeowners, newlyweds, or Father’s Day, a DeckMate fireplace assures easy, leisurely, outdoor warmth, and relaxation. Classic color finishes will coordinate effortlessly with surrounding decor. We suggest covering during inclement weather when not in use.
4. Deckmate Sonora Outdoor Chimenea Fireplace
The Deckmate Sonora fireplace is one of the top listed products. This product comes with a bronze finish. One of the best parts of this product is that you can enjoy viewing the flame sitting at any angle. Now let’s go into its detailed features.
- Great for burning wood and artificial logs
- Comes with an embossed cast iron construction and high-temperature paint finish
- Complete 360-degree view of fire with fine wire mesh spark screen
- Large sliding door for adding fuel and an ash catcher for easy cleanup
- Log grate and fire tool included
- A great addition to any backyard yard or patio
- Free rain lid
- Easy to clean and assemble
- 360-degree view of the fire
- Covered with fire tool for sliding the door open to stop burn
- Tall vertical flue supports a smoke-free environment in calm conditions
- Not suitable for barbeques or grilling
In general, we are incredibly impressed with the build quality and features of this product. Th with safety, convenience, and durability in mind. As such, it offers excellent value for the price if you are looking for a chiminea that will warm up everyone during outdoor evening gatherings.
5. Deeco Aztec Allure Cast Iron Chiminea
The Deeco Aztec Allure Cast Iron Pizza Oven Chiminea is one of the most feature-packed units we have found. Very easy to fire this up and enjoy the warmth and ambiance. Besides, cooking dinner is also possible. The pizzas come out crispy. When the weather is excellent, the grill is a great option.
The overall design is just perfect for the most number of backyards. The durable cast iron construction is solid.
- Durable cast iron construction Fits up to 14″ pizza tray
- Fiberglass lining to lock in the heat on top oven section
- Removable ash Draw for easy cleanup Stainless Steel grate for easy grilling
- Cast Iron Decorative screwed in feet
- Decorative Removable Rain Lid
- Hinged Spark Guard Screen Door
- Log Grates Tailored Rain cover
- Screen/Wood Tool
- All in one
- Cast Iron
If you are looking for an all-in-one package, this is by far the best option on the chimenea market today. Just imagine the flexibility this unit offers for small backyards or patios. You don’t need to have a separate unit that will only cost more in total and probably have guests crammed in or tripping over each other.
6. Cosiest Outdoor Propane Fire Pit Table
The Cosiest Outdoor Propane Firepit Table includes 26 pounds of natural lava rocks, enough to fill the stainless steel bowl. The burning bowl of this outdoor chimney is made from substantial stainless steel for more durability. Also, the side handles feature of this steel outdoor fireplace makes it easy to move the tank. The outdoor metal fireplace comes with a storage capacity of a 20lb LP tank. You can also put food and drinks on top of this fire pit table.
- Mesmerizing Flames
- Perfect Hideaway
- Spacial Economy
- Warranty and Service
- Package Include:
- (You will receive two boxes):
- Main Frame of Fire Table X 1
- Tank Table X 1
- Free Lava Rocks X (26 lbs) X1
- Rain Cover X 1
- AAA Battery X 1
- Metal Fixator X 1
Available Accessories ( Sold Separately)
- Fire Glass ( Transparent Gray, Lake Blue, Amber )
- Suggestion: 3 packages of fire glass can be filled up.
- Glass Wind Guard
- Clean-burning propane flame
- No clean up required
- Made of fire-retardant magnesium oxide
- Includes functional table and 26 lbs of lava rocks
- Great customer service
- The fire pit doesn’t include a lid
If you are looking for a steel outdoor fireplace, then this is the one you can grab. The burning of the flame is really up to the mark. A great thing about this beautiful product is that it doesn’t require any cleanup. Just one thing that we don’t like is that it doesn’t come with a lid—otherwise a great product overall.
7. Endless Summer Outdoor Tabletop Fireplace
Bring the warmth and ambiance of a fireplace to your patio, deck, or backyard with this Endless Summer LP fireplace. With its streamlined architectural detail, this 15 inches fire pit features a decorative base making it a captivating centerpiece for your outdoor living space. This unit comes with black fire glass, which beautifully accents its flames.
- 10,000 BTU stainless steel burner
- Hidden control panel with electronic ignition
- Slate finish with faux stone construction
- Black fire glass used in the construction
- Includes black fire glass
- LP tank not included
- Manufacturer: UniFlame
- Small and light
- Design is unique
- 10,000 BTU output does not provide perfect heat
- The electronic ignition can get damaged after regular use
If you just want to equip your patio with a stylish and small fire pit, the Endless Summer GLT1343SP outdoor fireplace might be an ideal option for you. However, if you are looking for a fire pit that is good at generating heat for a large crowd and is sole to be used to keep the air warm and cozy, this unit might be the best option for you.
8. Bessemer Patio Fireplace
The best deluxe mobile patio fireplace, the 28 inches Bessemer Patio Fireplace, has a silver high temperature painted center steel fire screen, which keeps the fire restrained but visible. The central door of these attractive units allows easy access to the fire.
- Porcelain enamel lid and bowl
- An adjustable vent in the bottom of the bowl
- Patented original design
- Steel grate for wood
- Convenient wheels and handle grip
- The powder-coated steel support frame
- High temperature painted center spark screen
- Unique design
- Great fireplace for outdoor entertainment
- Burns real nice
- It would be perfect if it were rustproof
The convenient wheels and handle assembly allow you to position this unique item in the perfect spot for your outdoor entertainment.
9. Sunjoy Heirloom Slate Wood Burning Fireplace
Enjoy the world’s leading ready-to-assemble outdoor construction maker. This beautiful product is made of ceramic tile and rust-resistant powder-coated steel. This classic design is sure to complement any traditional outdoor setting. Unlike open fire pits, this fireplace’s smoke is directed up and goes through the functioning chimney while a mesh screen protects from embers and sparks.
- Natural stone style ceramic tile
- Rust-resistant powder-coated black steel with bronze highlights
- Two functional doors with screen for spark protection
- Item weight: 113. 54 lbs
- Fireplace tool included
- Long-lasting metal outdoor fireplace
- Easy to put together
- Great fireplace for backyard
- Need two people to put together because it is bulky
Your guests will crave after looking at the dashing, faux slate siding, and the antique finish gives the whole fireplace and exclusive look. There is no need to destroy your present walls, ceiling height, or dirty your carpet to install it. Your new Sunjoy Fireplace comes with everything you may need to extend your living area to your outdoor space.
10. Sunnydaze Outdoor Wood Burning Fire Pit Chiminea
Enjoy beautiful views at any angle around this steel wood burning outdoor fire pit chiminea. This outdoor chiminea makes a great addition to any patio or backyard. It provides the perfect gathering spot to enjoy cozy fires on chilly evenings.
- Rain cap and flue grill are removable
- Safe view from any angle with protective mesh surround
- Includes: cover, handy fire poker
- HEAVY-DUTY CHIMINEA
- BEAUTIFUL 360-DEGREE FIRE VIEW
- Solid and cool fire pit
- 360 view of the fire
- Very sturdy and well built
- Easy to assemble
- Sharp edges all over the firepit
We like the appearance and function of this fire pit. There is a 360 view of the fire. The doors are a little cheap and poorly fitting. Overall, a reliable and cool fire pit. We think it should last for a while.
Things To Consider Before Buying Outdoor Fireplace
Do you know that outdoor fireplaces increase the property value of your home? They help to make good memories that can be ever made. Nowadays, every outdoor fireplace comes in a very stylish design, a roundtable, and a heater all in one. Before you search for the best fireplace according to your desire, you need to look into detailed features more subjectively. As you are looking for the correct one to install in your home, there are few things that you need to consider. In this optimum buying guide, we hope you will get all the information you are looking for. So let’s continue.
1. Determine What Outdoor Fireplace Type You Want
There are two main types of fireplace, and these options are: modular or fixed-in-place. You have three choices from these two options. You will go into those parts later. First, we are going to share with you about the fixed-in-place fireplaces and the modular one.
You can fix the fireplace in a fixed-in-place you choose, and it will become a permanent yard feature. If you want to remove this fireplace from its installation place, you have to demolish it. That is why you need to think correctly and make sure where you want to install it. The fireplace is gorgeous and
You can move the modular fireplaces anywhere in the yard because these are portable. Keep in mind, they do not increase your property value as a fixed asset does, even though you can place these types of fireplaces anywhere you like. If you are one who likes to make changes in your yard or if you want to avoid construction involved in having one built in the ground, then modular fireplaces are grand for you.
It is time for you to go beyond the movable once you have decided on the general fireplace type. Now it is time for us to determine how your fireplace is going to blaze fire. For that, we have three options: Electric, wood-burning, or gas burning.
Out of these three options, a wood-burning fireplace put on the most natural fire burning element. Naturally, like other options, wood-burning fireplaces have their type of pros and cons. These outdoor chimneys will give you the closest campfire experience in your backyard.
On the other hand, gas-burning metal outdoor fireplaces are the most suitable. Just imagine you can turn on the flames of your fireplace only with the flip of a switch. On top of that, the best outdoor gas fireplace can save a minimum of 25% on your energy bill. These outdoor chimneys are generally inexpensive to install.
Electric Fireplaces do not release crackles, emissions, or fumes. As these flames are not real, you can easily control the amount of heat they emit. If you are conscious about the safety of your children or if you are the one who is just looking for a fireplace with minimal upkeep, this is probably the safest option for you.
Before you make a firm decision, you need to check the ordinances given in your country or city regarding the fireplace. This is because there are some countries or cities that don’t allow specific fireplaces or fuels. Another thing is to make sure that you do not need to make any changes to your policy, and for that, you should check with your homeowner’s insurance.
Once everything is checked, or alright regarding all the rules and regulations, it is time for you to choose a specific location.
2. OUTDOOR FIREPLACE LOCATIONS
Picking the perfect location for your fireplace is a very crucial part. This is because it will affect the flow of your entire backyard. You have to make sure the place where you plan to put your wood-burning outdoor fireplaces allows you to handle unexpected issues. We have given some factors you may consider:
Distance From your Home: The general rule is, the distance of any fireplace or fire pit must be at least 10 to 20 feet away from your home. For more specific guidelines, you can also check with your HOA.
Location of Trees & Shrubs: The area should be 10 to 20 feet away from the fireplace, whether these are trees, shrubs, and bushes, or any other flammable backyard things.
Privacy: What do you want your neighbors to see if they peep into your yard? If you are conscious about privacy in your outdoor fireplace area, you may consider where your fireplace is situated and which direction it is facing.
When determining the location of your fireplace, you may want to leave room for safety issues. Finally, you might want to make sure that your metal outdoor Fireplace is easily accessible without being a fire trap. After all these foundational decisions, so let’s move into the budget part.
3. FIREPLACE COST
While you set a budget for your fireplace, you are expecting the servicing cost also. The cost of placing logwood in your wood-burning outdoor fireplace will be different than a glass cleaner to clean the glass. You should keep these things in your mind while planning or thinking of your budget if you have one.
As the wood-burning outdoor fireplaces require periodic log-replacing store trips, that is why they need overall servicing. The ash of these fireplaces requires cleaning too. These are probably the most expensive, according to the cost.
On the other hand, the Electric Burning outdoor fireplaces are the most economical and don’t require many services. Servicing includes just the cleaning of a glass screen.
You can easily convert the gas-burning outdoor fireplaces into wood burning, but they don’t need so much servicing. They require a tiny portion of servicing than the electric burning types.
4. FIREPLACE PURPOSE & HEAT OUTPUT
The three options of fireplaces have different degrees of heat. So again, you should think properly about the function of your fireplace.
If you are plotting to use your fireplace in the winter or cold months, do you want your fireplace to just produce a hot environment for you, or do you expect to roast food with it as well? Just these simple considerations will make all the difference. Generally, Wood Burning fireplaces carry the highest BTU’s, which means they are the hottest too.
5. EXTRA SAFETY TIPS
It is inspiring to look into the process of purchasing the best outdoor gas fireplace. The more you complete the installation process, the more you notice the new atmosphere surrounding your outdoor space. Just before that, you need to consider some safety regarding your outdoor fireplace. So let’s dive into some safety tips:
- There should be a fire extinguisher within a close distance from the fireplace.
- Clean your outdoor chimney regularly.
- Get a fireplace cover to avoid wastes getting into your fireplaces such as sparks and embers.
- Make sure that nothing else gets burned.
- Instead of using gasoline or starter fluid, always try to use fire starters.
Just taking these little precautions, you will get the most enjoyment out of your best outdoor fireplace.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is An Outdoor Fireplace Worth It?
Yes, the chances are that it will be a worthy investment, as outdoor fireplaces tend to be immensely popular among outdoor design, providing an excellent gathering, entertaining, and even cooking space. Whatever the amount you invest, the returns are likely to be bulky in a comfortable and cozy time spent with friends and family.
2. Do Outdoor Fireplaces Give Off Heat?
Wood-burning fires use a combination of convection heat and radiant heating. Gas fire pits with artificial logs will create more radiant heat than one without the logs. The flame is largely convection heating, but when the logs heat up, they produce radiant heat.
3. How Can I Get More Heat From My Outdoor Fireplace?
Open the damper as wide as possible to increase the amount of air to the fire. This will improve combustion and increase the amount of heat the fire produces, making the wood burn quickly. Usually, the damper handle is just above the fireplace opening and you slide it to the right to open it.
4. Where Should An Outdoor Fireplace Be Placed?
The most common location for an outdoor fireplace is located against a wall or along a fence. Like all Trendz fireplaces, most are free-standing and can also sit at the edge of a patio.
5. Do I Need A Damper For An Outdoor Fireplace?
Outdoor fireplaces are built just like indoor fireplaces except that you don’t need a damper; you do need to use hydraulic-setting non-water soluble refractory mortar. Usually, clearance-to-combustibles and other code issues are more comfortable to follow.
Finally, here is a short recap of what we have discussed above. We have talked about the ten best outdoor fireplaces and tried to review them with correct information. If you get any support from this article or have gained any new things, please let us know by commenting on us because this drives us to work more seriously and help you with original and real information.