Can’t take the long winters and the cold nights anymore? Well, try the trendy wall mount electric fireplace. While there are other options for providing heat, such as heat fans and radiators, people often prefer the wall mount in their homes. So, what makes them very popular? The best wall mount electric fireplace is not only a great source of heat and warmth but also adds a taste of style to any room. Its beautiful, pulsating flames simulate a real fire’s wavered and gleam to create an impression of a standard, authentic fire.
Best Wall Mount Electric Fireplace Reviews
An electric wall mount fireplace is a must in any modern home. It requires little maintenance when compared to a traditional fireplace. It runs through electricity, hence no more cleaning up the ashes and venting of the gasses and smoke produced. Depending on the room’s mood, you can set the fire flames from quite soothing to roaring flames.
You must be looking for a charming best wall mounted electric fireplace. We have come up with ten best walls mounted fireplaces reviews along with a detailed buying guide to help you a great buying experience.
1. R.W.FLAME 30 inch Recessed and Wall Mounted Electric Fireplace
Working with 1,500 Watts, this is one of the best electric fireplaces with touch-screen compatibility, located on the front panel, and can heat a 400sft room with its two different heat settings.
- Attractive and Practical Design
- Multi operating modes
- Energy saving
- Safety and comfort
- Warranty and customer service
- The thinnest electric fireplace in the market
- User- Friendly Design
- Cable Protection Design
- Dimension: 30 x 3.85 x 18.11 inches
- Material: metal, tempered glass
- Weight: 32.4 pounds
- Manufacturer: R.W.FLAME
- Form Factor: Wall_mounted
- Operates with the touch screen of the front panel or using a remote control
- You can wall-mount or set on the tabletop.
- No gas, ethanol, the gel can, or propane needed.
- No unique vents or chimneys are required.
- Auto-timer and auto-heat to avoid overheating
- You can set a timer.
- Fire-only mode without heat
- Only 2.5 Watts of power per hour for energy preservation
- The heater is hot to the touch when in use.
- You have to keep children, combustible paper, pets, and fabric materials at least 3 feet away.
Overall, a classic fireplace with thick tempered glass that can easily blend with your home or office, providing heat and great ambient lighting.
2. Giantex 28.5″ Electric Fireplace Insert Recessed
The Giantex 28.5 inches electric fireplace insert has a robust warm ability to meet the demand of 350ft² room. Constant wind will keep you warm all the time.
- Realistic and flickering flame with burning logs in the fireplace
- Offer you two heating modes of low (750 W) and high (1500W)
- Timer sets the electric fireplace works automatically.
- The thermostat maintains the temperature to range from 62F to 82 F
- No dust and other harmful gases produced by the fireplace
- Remote control with battery adds convenient usage.
- 180 cm(about 71 in) power cable to connect the power
- Safe to use with certification from ETL and overheat protection device
- Flame Color: Orange, Blue, Orange & Blue Mix
- Manufacturer: Giantex
- Power: 750W /1500W
- Voltage: 110-120V
- Range of Temperature: 62-82 F
- Range of Working Time: 0-8 Hours
- Overall Dimensions: 28.5″ x 6″ x 21″ (L x W x H)
- Net Weight: 27.5 lbs
- Ease of Use and Setup
- Convenient Design
- Heat Capability
- A Bit Noisy
Giantex 28.5″ Electric Fireplace Insert comes at an attractive price, almost half of its competitors, so it is an excellent value for money option for anyone looking for a fireplace insert without breaking the bank.
3. PuraFlame Alice 50 Inches Recessed Electric Fireplace
With stylish glass, realistic flame effect, fabulous color options, delicate logs, and crystals, Alice brings a modern look to your living room and entertainment center. Mirroring the fuel bed makes the flame look like rising from the middle of the fuel bed, more 3D and captivating.
- Ultra-High Intensity LED lights to provide a very bright and realistic flame effect.
- Hand-painted loose logs offer an authentic fire feeling; set the logs you like to suit your needs.
- Includes: Firebox, Glass Panel, Remote Control, Owner’s manual, Crystals, Logset
- Dimension: 50 x 20.28 x 5.93 inches
- Manufacturer: PuraFlame
- Heating Area: 400 square feet
- Volt: 120
- Watt: 750 min and 1500 max
- BTU: 5120
- Space-saving flush mounting
- Stylish appearance and unique user experience
- Broad temperature and countdown timer ranges
- Wide variety of effects and settings
- Isolated reports of heat not correctly working
- The advantage over some cheaper models is not that significant.
One of the most realistic walls mounts electric fireplaces features a natural flame effect that you can switch between 4 different flame effects and comes at an attractive price. You can also find smaller or larger fireplaces of the same model ranging from 40inches up to 60 inches. If you like Alice’s design and features, you can pick the ideal size for your available space.
4. Napoleon 42-Inch Allure Wall Mount Electric Fireplace
The Napoleon 42 inch Allure Wall Mount Electric Fireplace offers the perfect combination of size, flame effect, and design, creating a truly stunning unit. You will instantly be amazed by the LED-lit dancing flame effects. The display of the flames rising and flickering of the crystal cube ember bed is truly a sight to see.
- Powerful heater
- Quick & easy installation
- Ulta slim design
- Light-up control button
- Economical to operate
- Ultra-Bright LED
- Whisper quiet Blower
- Up to 5,000 BTU’s
- Paintable cord cover included
- Crystal clear cube ember bed
- Easy access manual on/off switch
- Sleep Timer from 0.5 to 8 hours
- 15 AMP Grounded Circuit
- Dimension: 42 x 5 x 21.6 inches
- Item weight: 45.2 pounds
- Manufacturer: Napoleon
- Batteries: 1 CR2 battery required. (included)
- Form Factor: Wall_mounted
- Color: Black
- Lovely fireplace for a bedroom
- Fits nicely against a split face travertine
- Don’t need gas
- Most realistic looking flames and warms the entire room
- It is precisely shown in the description
- The heater fan is a bit noisy.
Make use of this stunning fireplace continuously throughout the whole year. Depending on your need, turn the heater on or off while enjoying the soothing flame effects. This best electric wall fireplace is excellent for bedrooms, sitting rooms, family rooms, and media rooms.
5. Moda Flame Built-in Wall Mounted Electric Fireplace
If you want to add an enthusiastic and dynamic vibe to a room, this is the most realistic wall mount electric fireplace that will do exactly what you are looking to do. The perfect length and proportion and its sleek design make it the showpiece of any room it is placed in.
- Includes: 50″ Cynergy Built-In Wall Mounted Electric Fireplace – Pebble Stone
- Designed for in-wall installation
- comes with easy-to-follow instructions
- Three heat settings
- The heat gap is located in the top middle front area.
- Adjustable heat level
- Realistic flame
- Safe & efficient to use
- Product dimension: 10.4 x 50.4 x 4.9 inches
- Manufacturer: Moda Flame
- Form Factor: Wall_mounted
- Color: Black
- Heating Coverage: 400 square feet
- easy to assemble
- The light is beautiful.
- The rocks inside are pretty.
- Looks nice and clean right below the TV
- Sets in the wall nice
- The heater doesn’t stay on very long.
The realistic flame and its innovative pebble style make the clergy the most revolutionized fireplace on the market. You can choose this best rated electric wall fireplace without a second thought.
6. ClassicFlame Wall Mounted Infrared Quartz Fireplace
For creating the latest look, a wall-mounted fireplace is ideal for contemporary homes or anyone short on floor space. The ClassicFlame 47II100GRG Felicity 47-inch wall mounted electric infrared quartz fireplace provides a real fireplace’s warmth and ambiance without the mess of ash and soot.
- You can operate a flame effect with or without heat.
- Part of the ClassicFlame Collection from Twin-Star International
- Adjustable digital thermostat
- Decorative LED sidelights and uplights glow with five color options.
- Electronic timer function
- Remote control
- LED sidelights and uplights with five color options
- Three media type: Translucent fire glass, ivory river rocks, rustic driftwood
- Spectrafire offers three blue flame brightness settings.
- Environment friendly
- Spectrafire Flame Effect
- Infrared heating system
- Product dimension: 46.57 x 10.24 x 23.42 inches
- Manufacturer: Twin Star International Inc.
- Comfortable heat without drying out room’s air
- Batteries: 2 AAA batteries required. (included)
- Form Factor: Wall-mounted
- Flame effects: with or without heat
- Peace of mind with safer plug
- Two Installation Options
- CSA-safety certified
- A great looking fireplace
- It has very realistic flames
- Installation was effortless
- An affordable fireplace
- The flames just don’t look real
- Heat output is pretty minimal
- The fireplace was damaged when it arrived
This top-rated wall mount electric fireplace will look good on your wall and likely impress all that see it. The flame effects are good, and the heat output is sufficient for most rooms, and being infrared, it leaves the moisture in the air for added comfort. This fireplace is highly recommended for you.
7. Regal Flame Denali Electric Wall Mounted Fireplace
The best-led fireplace, which is among the highest-selling electric fireplaces you will get in the market today. The 50 inches wide Houston is ideal if you want to make a statement in your dining room or even an office.
- Three settings of high, low, and no heat
- No more need of a firewood rack, fireplace tote, firewood log carrier, haul wood, purchase gel, ethanol or run gas lines
- Smokeless, soot free, and odorless
- You can insert it into a TV Stand
- economical and ventless
- Comes in 3 colors
- Requires no ethanol, gas, chimney, mantel, insert space, stove, or gel cans
- Manufacturer: Realistic Flame
- Hassle-Free Wall Mounted Installation
- Power consumption: 2.5W per hour
- Easy to mount on the wall
- Efficient in energy consumption
- Realistic flames
- Heats a good size room
- By far the quietest electric fireplace
- The user manual is very easy to read
- Not ideal for large room
The Regal Flame Denali Electric Fireplace has one of the best and realistic flame designs for you to choose from. This product comes with a pile of faux gas logs that does not require running gas lines to build up or carrying firewood after all.
8. R.W.FLAME 36″ Electric Fireplace, Recessed Wall Mounted
Are you looking for a wall hanging electric fireplace that is easy to install? If yes, then here is what you are searching for. Suitable for all the places and occasions. There are multiple modes of operation available. You can use the touchscreen on the front panel. Now let’s jump into more detailed features.
- Multi Operating Modes
- 2 Heat Settings and Energy Savings
- Two ways of installation
- Five flame brightness level
- Includes: 1 heater, 1 remote control, 1 wall mount, 1 user’s manual
- Adjustable thermostat: YES
- auto-heat kill safety: YES
- Brand: R.W.FLAME
- Two Installation Method: In-Wall Recessed and Wall Mounted
- Material: Tempered Glass(Panel) and metal
- Overall Dimensions: 36″L x 17.7″H x6″W
- Touch Screen Control Functions: YES
- Power Cable: 170cm (About 70 inch)
- Flame Colors: 12 multi-color modes
- LED Background Colors: 12 multi-color modes
- Coverage Area: 400 sq feet
- Low heat: 750W heater
- High heat: 1500W heater
- Voltage: 120V AC
- Frequency: 60Hz
- Color: Black
- Operates with touch screen or remote control
- Recessed, wall-mounted, or set on the tabletop
- Required no gas, propane, ethanol, or gel cans
- No unique vents or chimneys needed
- Has auto-timer and auto-heat kill safety to avoid overheating
- When in use, the heater is hot to the touch
- You have to keep children, pets, combustible paper, and fabric materials at least 3 feet away
It’s not difficult to install, and it’s perfect for all kinds of events, such as at home, in the office, or wherever heat and feel are needed. Within this price range, this is one of the best products you can grab.
9. GMHome 40 Inches Electric Fireplace
GMHome is one of the best recessed electric fireplaces not only helps you care for the environment and creates an ambiance inside your living room. Its safe and creative design doesn’t limit it to the living room, though. The wall-mounted and flat back panel design makes it perfect for even your office space and bedroom.
- Nine changeable color
- Realistic 3 Color Flame.
- Two heat settings
- 1500/750 Watt Heater
- The brightness of the flame is adjustable
- Adjustable temperature from 62-degrees to 82-degrees.
- 3D flame technology
- Comes with two options: Wall-mounted and freestanding unit
- Easy installation
- Manufacturer: GMHome
- Dimension: 40 x 12.8 x 4.9 inches
- Solid and adorable
- Fashionable design
- The 3D flame looks impressive.
- Buttons are easy on the unit.
- Perfect size
- Loud beeping
- Relaxing fireplace with a reasonable price
The 12 different flame color modes, five different flame speed modes, and the five different flame brightness levels make this one of the top-rated walls mount electric fireplace in the market today. The GMHome 40 Inches Electric Fireplace also comes with a timer control option that shuts off automatically from 1 hour to 8-hours. All these excellent features make it an exciting unit to own.
10. XtremepowerUS Allure Linear Wall Mount Electric Fireplace
Another great wall mounted fireplace is XtremepowerUS. It is perfect for the cold seasons, and it features two heat settings: high and low. You can adjust the heat level according to your preference; that function makes this fireplace a functional and practical fixture.
- All year round ambiance
- zone heating is for up to 400 square feet
- Realistic Flame Effects: 3 flame color modes
- Slim Installation Heater
- Designed for In-Wall Installation
- Safety and comfort: ETL, UL, CSA Certificate Approved, auto-heat kill protection to avoid the superheating
- infrared heating system
- Includes: Electric Heater, Remote Control, Wall Mount Bracket, Pack of crystals, Manual
- Color: Black
- Power: 750/1500W
- Voltage: 120V/60Hz
- Amp: 12.5
- Material: Steel, Tempered Glass
- Vent Direction: Top
- Heat Setting: 62-82F
- Timer: 1-8hr
- Certification: CSA, ETL, UL Listed
- Heater Depth: 6-1/2″
- Heater Width: 50″
- Very solid and easy to install
- Energy Saving LED Technology
- Three fireplace size available
- Auto-heat kill safety
- Realistic flame effects
- Remote is a little hard to understand
- Instructions are unclear
It has three color-changing options and multiple settings, from a soft ember glow or an intense blaze. Lastly, we can not fail to mention its design that perfectly combines modernity and avant-garde thanks to the colored LED system.
Things To Consider Before Buying Wall Mounted Electric Fireplace
There are many things to consider while you are deciding on a wall-mounted fireplace. And to start with, account your requirements and space and then consider how much effect it might bring because of these factors. Now let’s come to things that you need to take into account as well:
You must select the specific room where you will put the electric fireplace and how it will look.
The wall that you choose should have a space of three to six feet; also, the wall should hold the fireplace’s weight. Usually, it should not be more significant than TV, so measure the space of your wall first.
2. Energy Efficiency
Yes, we know the energy-efficient heaters are quite expensive, but they help you save your money on the running costs. According to their design, they are more than sufficient at heating the room for which they are manufactured. The energy-efficient models are best at cutting costs as they use less power. So before you purchase, make sure to check for the Energy Star seal, which indicates the more efficient and eco-friendly models.
3. Power Capacity
Who doesn’t know that a fireplace makes a huge difference in the physical size of the wall? But do you know that the power behind the fireplace is more important? The power capacity you need will determine by the size of the room. Generally, you are looking at ten watts power every square foot. To calculate the wattage that you need to heat your room effectively, you need to measure the space first. The heater will waste energy if it is too big; on the other hand, if the heater’s size is too small, it won’t produce significant heat.
You will find two types of wall mounted fireplace in the market today: recessed and flush. Though both the fireplace needs to be installed using brackets, the flush models generally go against the supporting wall. On the other hand, the recessed version normally slots into a cutout wall. They are a little harder to install.
5. Heating Fan Vent
To provide heat, delivery vents are situated at the top or bottom of the fireplace. So firstly, think about how you have organized your room. If you have any furniture, it will seem like the objects block the heat emitting from a bottom vent. You may want to install a top vented heater if you have a TV set.
6. Safety and Consistency Are Features to Insist On
As a consumer, you must have a good idea to select a designed unit, especially with safety features and includes an automatic shut off switch. If your unit falls from its place on the wall or if it should suddenly begin to overheat, this feature will come in very handy for you.
Consistency is known as strong uprightness. The electric fireplace heating unit also should come with a full warranty of quality from the maker. It is a good idea to make sure that this warranty comes as a part of your purchase, as these units can be a little pricey.
7. The Unit You Select Should Be Multi-Functional
Functionality is another essential feature that you need to keep in mind. You should not be able only to heat your room; instead, you should be able to use it for more reasons.
No doubt, to buy such an item is the main reason firstly. But make sure that you can use this unit even in the middle of summer. You should be able to turn the unit on and enjoy the fireplace display if you want to add a special touch to a get together to an office party or a get together in your home with your loved one, even without having the heating function on.
This brings us to the next important consideration. The more you can adjust the level, color of the flames on display, or the size, the better. A very normal is that everyone will not like the same color and consistency as an electric fireplace display. Few choose them as darker while few like the flames brighter. Some favor a raging fire, whereas others like a bit more tuneful. The central part of your decision should be adjustability.
More or less all-electric fireplaces produce great-looking flames, but for flame effects and ember bed looks, the choice of electric fireplace comes down to your preference.
You will find many different color options for the flame, but the most common colors are blue and orange.
You can also change the look of the ember bed of some fireplaces. Glass and logs are the most common among all, but you can have ones with rock or coal ember beds as well.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are wall-mounted fireplaces safe?
Yes, they are safe to use because these wall mounted fireplaces are tested to make sure they are thermostatically controlled, and they meet UL standards as well.
Can a wall mount electric fireplace be built in?
A wall hung electric fireplace can be installed on just about any wall, similar to a piece of artwork or a flat-screen TV. Recessed electric fireplaces provide the built-in, custom look that homeowners with the right space appreciate.
Do wall mounted fireplaces give off heat?
Most units are designed to be either on the wall or the wall, but not both. Surface-mounted fireplaces will generally project 4.25″ to 6.5″ into the room. A fireplace designed for surface mounting will expel heat out the top or the bottom of the unit.
How high should a wall mount electric fire be?
How high should a wall-mounted fire be? You can fit your fire anywhere on your wall so long as it meets any installation requirements. Many people like to have them at eye level from a seated position, which works out about 40-42″ off the floor.
In this context we have tried to cover the detailed information of the 10 best wall mounted electric fireplace starting from their features, pros, cons and lastly a final thoughts from us. Our main and only vision is to help you buy a perfect and sound product within your price limit.
We hope our small effort will come in handy for you. Our humble request towards you is to subscribe to us and comment on this article about your buying experience as you are valuable to us.