Hanging around a campfire is an excellent way to spend an evening with family and friends, but sadly the smell of the smoke will linger long after it is put out. You might love the idea of a fire pit but not willing to deal with the ashes, smoke, and aftercare of a fire pit. Then it is wise for you to consider a propane fire pit.
You can choose according to your desire as there are many styles and designs available for you. But how would you know which one is going to be best suited for you? Go through our reviews to ensure that.
Best Propane Fire Pit Reviews
Before buying any propane fire pit you must go through a detailed research. otherwise a single lacking in information may result in buying a product that you might not be looking for.
In this article, we will highlight the 10 best propane fire pit reviews with their buying guide for you to narrow down your choices.
1. Patio Gas Fire Pit Table
If you are looking for a multifunctional fire pit and can conveniently hold drinks, food, and decor, and doubles as storage for a propane tank, this will be the best choice for you.
We are sharing with you about its pros and cons so that you can make your buying decision easier.
- Dimension: 48 x 27.25 x 13.5 inches
- Weight: 84 pounds
- Manufacturer: Best Choice Products
- Enjoy a cozy space with a heating power of up to 50,000 BTU
- Enhance the flame appearance with included lava rocks
- Side Table covers the propane tank and holds drinks, propane, and decor
- Weather protection and included cover protects from rain and sun
- Great product with affordable price
- Beautiful and high quality
- Trendy and tough
- Easy to assemble
- Robust, rustic and works great
- Worth the money
- Puts out plenty of heat
- Easy to use
- Gas control knob might not work correctly
- Little problem with the igniter
One of the best things that we have found about this product is it can hold drinks, food, and decor. Another great thing is its double storage propane tank. The only drawback is with its gas control knob and the igniter.
2. Outdoor Wicker Propane Fire Pit Table
Are you someone who is searching for a propane fire table with the facility of a bigger tablespace? If yes, then here you go! This is likely to be the best one according to your desire and need.
If you are interested in having real-time fun with your friends and family, consider the features of this product.
- Dimension: 52 x 34 x 24.75 inches
- Color: Gray, Brown
- BTU: 50,000
- Table Material: Aluminum, Wicker
- Cover Material: 300D Oxford Fabric
- Includes: Fire pit table, Glass rocks, Glass wind guard
- Comes with an instruction guide
- NOTE: Works with 20-pound standard propane tanks
- Classic Weaker: Made of durable weaker with an aluminum frame and tabletop
- Hidden Tank Storage: Pull-out storage conveniently hides your propane tank
- Lower price range according to its features
- Easy to put together
- Exceptional fire pit
- Solid construction
- Works great
- Great service even during pandemic
- Great quality
- Practical and aesthetic appeal
- Very much functional
- Have some issue with igniter
If you love to enjoy around a fire pit with groups now and then we think this one is going to be right for you. The main positive thing is it has a much bigger table space. The only flaw is a small issue with an igniter.
3. TACKLIFE Gas Fire Pit Table
In the budget-friendly price range, this one is ideal for you. The TACKLIFE 28 inches gas fire table is both good-looking and functional.
For a small gathering or small family members, this product is no doubt will be the number one choice. Let’s see what includes here:
- Dimension: 28 x 28 x 25 inches
- Item Weight: 53 pounds
- Manufacturer: TACKLIFE
- Durable steel construction
- 50,000 BTU heating capacity
- Comes with lava rock and 20-inch gas hose
- Simple knob starter
- Comes with cover
- Easy on/off system
- Great customer service
- Makes your deck like a spa
- Comes with classy look
- Solid construction
- Great size and functional
- Very good product at a minimal price
- Good amount of heat, and the table feature is convenient
- Dangerous sharp sheet-metal corners must be ground down and painted.
If you are seriously looking for a budget-friendly product, this is perfect for you. For a small gathering, this is just ideal. Most importantly, this product is functional. The drawback of this is it’s dangerous sharp metal corners.
4. AZ Patio Heaters Gas Fire Pit
Are you looking to add some warmness to your outdoor get-togethers with this AZ Patio Heaters Gas Fire Pit? This square fire table with a bronzed brown tone makes it stand out.
You will enjoy every moment with your family and friends as you can place it anywhere around your home quite easily. Let’s dive into its features, pros and cons to know furthermore!
- Dimension: 38 x 29 x 38 inches
- Item weight: 105 pounds
- Department: Home
- Manufacturer: AZ Patio Heaters LLC
- Door located at the base allows you to conceal a 20 lbs propane tank (not included)
- Thermocouple flame failure device
- CSA approved
- Includes cover for a flame area
- Comes with cover
- Bronze powder-coated finish
- Gas type: propane, butane
- Heat output: 31,000 BTU
- Material: Steel
- Awesome price for great quality
- Looks great, sturdy and warm flame
- Great heat
- Perfect for young children
- Great color
- Beautiful hammerstone finish
- Solid construction
- Easy to put together
- Good height and decent BTU rating
- Instructions are easy to understand
- The unit is probably too heavy to ship in a single carton.
One of the most affordable top-rated gas fire pits available on the market. Just think you are enjoying your outdoor propane fire pit in the comfort of your backyard with your friends or family, but you didn’t have to spend much. Isn’t it cool for you?
5. Merida Gas Fire Pit
It is another quality product that creates an inviting outdoor space for friends and family. We know you will feel at home no matter where you use this product. With a classy look and design, this is going to give your backyard a new dimension.
Let’s see what is included with this product.
- Dimension: 40 x 40 x 24 inches
- Item weight: 140.7 pounds
- Manufacturer: Shine Company
- Material: MgO (Natural mineral)
- Design: Natural Wood looking
- Generates 50,000 BTUs for plenty of warmth
- Stainless steel burner
- Uses standard 20-lbs propane gas tanks (not included)
- Lava Rocks included for heat retention and aesthetics
- Free Protective custom-fit cover included.
- MgO mineral cement comes in wide range of variety
- Fire resistance
- Strength resistance to mold
- Durability to mildew and mold
- To the outdoor elements it has the ability to stand up
- Great looking table
- Have a tendency of being damage
A great product with wooden design brings new decor to your backyard. If you are looking for a healthy and durable outdoor propane fire pit, this will be a top-notch choice for you. Just keep in mind this product tends to be damaged.
6. Endless Summer Rock Top Fire Pit
Are you searching for the best natural gas fire pit that has weather resistance? Or are you keening something for a small gathering? Here you go! This is the product you might be looking for. We hope this Endless Summer Rock Top Fire Pit is going to meet all your criteria.
Our expert team has given detailed information about this product after long research from all over the online market to ease your buying decision and choose a good and perfect product according to your need.
- Product Dimension: 32 x 32 x 10 inches
- Item Weight: 80 pounds
- Manufacturer: Endless Summer
- Hidden fuel tank
- Weather resistance
- Adjustable flame
- Filter & Cover included
- Burning Area Material: Steel
- Finish: Metal Bronze
- Burn time of Fuel: 6 hours
- Ignition type: Control Knob
- Filter Type: Lava rocks
- Storage Cover Material: Vinyl
- CSA Certified: Yes
- It looks amazing on small deck
- The surface around the flame is cool to touch
- Easy to assemble
- The propane tank is easy to install
- Great for small gathering
- Good construction an heat
- Great product for the price
- Substantial flame
- Paint may peel off
After reading the features, pros, and cons of this product, we hope you can understand the quality and durability of this outdoor propane fire pit. Out experts have found it one of the best according to the price range in the current market. You will not regret buying this product because it is value for the money.
7. Christopher Knight Abbott Outdoor Rectangular Fire Pit
It is an outstanding design with wooden gestures, no doubt, this propane fire pit is going to create a wave of desire in your mind. The best part of this outdoor propane fire pit is its rust resistance and allows a comfortable seating arrangement for you and your guest to provide light and warmth all around.
So why wasting time? Let’s move on to its features, pros, and cons to know furthermore about this product!
- Dimension: 48 x 15 x 15.5 inches
- Item Weight: 47.9 pounds
- Manufacturer: Christopher Knight Home
- Color: Brown and Grey
- Shape: Rectangular
- Includes: 1 fire pit and 1 holder
- Made of iron
- Design: Brown wood pattern
- No assembly required
- Just as advertise
- Fits perfect
- Great table
- Easy to put together
- It gives quite a lot of heat
- Very lightweight
- Sturdy and natural style
- Can be use right out of the box
- Worth the investment
- Stops after several minutes with full tank
We would like to say that Christopher Knight Abbott Outdoor Rectangular Fire Pit is such a best propane fire pit that can fulfill your desire and give you accurate heat and warmth. You won’t be disappointed using this propane fire pit while enjoying in your backyard.
8. BALI OUTDOORS Gas Fire Pit Square Table
Are you looking for a best propane fire pit that is easy to assemble and solid construction with an awesome color combination product?
After long research, we have arranged this article just to help you solve your problem. We have discussed this Bali Outdoors Gas Fire Pit Square Table about its features, pros, and cons so that you can make your decision according to your demand and needs.
Because rushing is never good and might end up buying a dreadful product, before making any decision, ponder its features, pros, and cons very carefully.
- Dimension: 28 x 28 x 26 inches
- Item Weight: 49.4 pounds
- Manufacturer: Bali Outdoors
- Color: Brown and Grey
- Shape: Rectangular
- It runs at 50,000 BTUs for perfect power
- Square shape, allow you to place almost anywhere
- Includes Lava rock
- 20lb LP not Included
- Comes with electronic ignition.
- It is easy to use
- It has a strong flame
- The design goes with any backyard
- Quick and easy to assemble
- Nice warm and great looking
- Pretty good for the money
- Great product
- Aesthetically pleasing and easy to put together.
- It is amazing and affordable
- Hidden control panel for a seamless appearance
- The burner is made of stainless steel
- Hidden control panel with electronic ignition.
- Comes with safety valve for easy start
- The flame could be higher
- The material is a bit thin
A top-notch product with a great design. This Bali Outdoor Gas Fire Pit Square comes with an electric ignition system and a hidden control panel. The only flaw of this product is the material is a bit thin. Our experts have found it as the best choice according to the price range. We hope you will love this product and have a great buying experience.
9. BALI OUTDOORS Propane Fire Pit Rectangular Table
The shape of the Bali Outdoors Fire Pit is rectangular. As a result, it is lengthwise narrower, which allows you to suit the table into a compact outdoor sitting space. It has a lip around the pit with a sleek look where you can easily keep drinks.
There are six options for table tiles. Because of this feature, you can select any color that you desire. Don’t worry; It is very easy to make this change.
For style and safety, the propane tank is designed to keep hidden. If you want to refuel the table, it only takes a few minutes to switch out the propane tank.
Check out the features, pros, and cons of this product.
- It measures 42 inches, giving you a longer fire space
- It provides a lot of warmth, as it works at 60,000 BTUs
- Comes with 15lb Fire Glass, 20lb LP hidden in the table (not Included)
- Dimensions: 42 L x 24 W x 24.2 H inch
- Weight: 77.5 lbs
- Fuel Type: Propane
- Easy to put together
- Within a second you can start it
- Easy to fit it into your outdoor space
- Wallet-friendly price
- Has electronic ignition and safety valve
- Solid construction
- Puts out decent heat
- Great upgrade
- Puts off lots of heat
- No more smelling like smoke
- The propane hose may start to leak.
Our specialist team has gone through detailed research all over the online market and found Bali Outdoors Propane Fire Pit Rectangular Table is the best outdoor propane fire pit as it is very easy to use. Except for the propane hose that might start leaking.
10. Outland Living Outdoor Gas Fire Pit Table
You can get trusted results in any environment you set this beautiful looking propane fire table. This remarkable product comes with unique design and reliability.
It is comfortable to set this Outland Living Outdoor Gas Fire Pit Table outdoors as this eye-catchy product is designed to deliver perfect warmth and fire. If you are looking for an impressive product for your backyard, we think it will match your expectations.
Before you make any decisions, make sure to go through detailed information that are given below.
- Dimension: 36 L x 36 W x 24.5 H inch
- Item weight: 83 pound
- Manufacturer: Outland Living
- Color: Espresso Brown
- Ignition Type: Automatic
- BTU/HR: 42,500
- Comes with chrome knob + Rings
- Stainless-Steel Burner
- Powder-coated aluminum frame construction
- Arctic Ice Glass Rocks
- Easy Access + storage
- Cover: UV & Water Resistant Black Durable Cover
- 8 mm Tempered Clear Glass Lid insert & Wind Fence guard
- CSA approved propane fire table
- Includes pre-attached 3 ft hose with regulator
- Natural gas kit available
- Easy to assemble
- Good value for money
- Excellent design and function
- Good quality and size
- Very low flame even on highest setting
This product has many valuable and useful features that we have discussed above. It can be an ideal option for you. We hope you will have a quality product that we described above. The only flaw is its low flame, even on the highest settings. Now it’s your consideration.
Things you should look for When Selecting the Best Gas Fire Pit
Not every gas fire pit is created equally. Naturally, the design, features, and build quality will vary significantly between different models. We are sharing each and everything that you need while choosing the best models to fit your needs.
Style, Size and Design
Style, size, and design are undoubtedly one of the essential parts while choosing the best fire pits. There are different shapes and sizes of fire pits available in the market. Choosing the best design and style is a part of elegance. A camping fire pit is not only a useful source of heat but also is vastly related to pleasing the eye.
Best portable gas fire pits that have longevity are usually made from stone or metal. To make the metal casing more effective, a wooden effect or faux-brick finish can be used.
While enjoying those elegant table looks, folding fire pits will provide extra table space. Besides, they keep the gas bottle safe and hidden away.
Regarding size, you have to consider a bright space around it, not just the physical footprint that a collapsible fire pit will have. People should be able to sit near or around the fire pit, without being too close that they get burned.
Few yards are just too small to set a fire pit. In such a case, browsing our guide to find the best tabletop patio heaters might be the solution instead.
Portability / Mobility
Portable propane gas fire pits are perfect for operating around your patio or yard, and can effortlessly be taken on camping weekends. Make sure you go for the one that is lightweight and compact if you plan to use your best fire pit. Just remember you have to match a gas propane tank in the trunk, as well.
As a fuel gas is much safer to choose over wood and it is less likely to result in a forest fire or campsite. However, some campgrounds may have a total ban on all open fires. Before you light up, anything must check their regulations properly.
According to the NFPA report, over 3000 grass and bush fires are caused by cheap fire pits or top-rated outdoor fire pits, so you can acknowledge why they are so alert.
Heat Output (BTUs)
The BTU, or British thermal unit, is a measurement of how much gas you use, also means a higher heat output typically. You will be bombarded with the number of BTUs each pit offers in a hardware store or even if you search online.
For your reference purpose, the feature for high-end grills burners will be around 25,000 BTU mark. Whereas for a gas fire pit, 40,000 BTUs or more is a good starting point.
Gas fire pits need to heat a big area, but you don’t want to toast your guests.
The very next thing that you should consider is how you want to turn on or ignite your best propane gas fire pit.
Usually, you can choose 3 different ignition systems. Now let’s take a look.
1. Match Light Ignition
This system can be found in many of the less expensive burners. It is the most old-fashioned match system and the most basic form of ignition.
A gas shut-off valve allows gas to flow to the burner, and it is manually controlled with a key. With the help of a match, you manually light the heater or other forms of oven lighter. Simply turn off the valve when finished.
2. Spark Ignition
Spark is a more advanced system, or piezo ignition system, similar to those found in many gas grills.
There is a small push button that ignites the gas and will send a manual spark to the surface of your burner.
3. Electronic Ignition
The electronic ignition system is normally found on high-end gas fire pits, it allows for an effortless flick of a switch.
Many electric ignitions use battery power, banishing the need for an external power source.
As outdoor propane fire pits have become much more popular, the number of injuries caused by them has also increased. Minimum 5.300 injuries linked to fire pits or other outdoor heaters were treated at emergency rooms across the US in2017.
A report says that it is nearly three times the number of reported injuries in 2008, according to the Consumer Products Safety Commission.
Always make sure to check the best gas propane fire pit that you have, whether it has been certified as safe by an independent product safety certification company—for example, Underwriters Laboratories. Whether your equipment can withstand outdoor elements and other potential dangers or not will be ensured by UL listing.
There should be found an emergency shut-off valve on the burner, or at a minimum hose going to the stove.
If the burner uses external propane tanks, make sure the hose is extended enough for the safe storage of the tank. If the outdoor propane fire pit is designed to be filled up with ornamental logs, there is certainly a mesh covering to prevent blocking the nozzles.
What size of propane tank you need will determine by the size of the burner ring. Many manufacturers will define a standard 20-pound tank, along with the biggest compatible ring that is 20 inches in diameter. Because larger rings will consume more gas supply, from natural gas or a larger tank.
Liquid propane is your best choice if you want a flame that ignites brighter, which can easily be seen even in daylight. As you don’t have to hire a certified gas installer, none of the installation costs are related to natural gas. To move the pit or table around with ease an LP tank will also give you more freedom.
Build Quality and Durability
If your outdoor fire pit feature is almost a year old, then it is time for you to look for materials that will last long. The exterior stone can be very durable, but to protect the burner and any other exterior metal, a cover could protect them very well. When the fire is not lit, a good quality cover will also allow you to use the portable fire pit as a table.
Stainless steel or steel offer more protection from the element and tend to last longer. The inside part nearest to the flame should be made of a first-class heat-resistance metal like steel, porcelain, or aluminum.
Price and Value
It is no doubt that some portable gas fire pits can be very high-priced. But there are more affordable models with smaller sizes available, which also provide the satisfaction of gas. It all just depends on what you are looking for.
Are you deeming for something your friends and family can meet around at home? Or do you need an outdoor propane fire pit for other outdoor adventures?
For better value and more versatility, a portable fire table is a perfect choice. Setting it up on your deck, there is nothing to stop you.
Natural gas using models usually are more expensive, though many gas propane models can be converted easily. It may be worth spending that little extra for one that is more durable, as you are less likely to be moving a natural gas fire pit.
Besides, naturally, you want to be sure whether your fire pit is made of sturdy material and well constructed. This ensures that you have a durable and long-lasting fire pit, which can be an enduring fixture of your patio or yard. So long the material is fireproof and slow to deteriorate is the right candidate; for example, steel is an excellent material as is stone.
Lastly, you will want to review the fire pit’s purpose. And make sure whether it is meant merely for warmth or is it made for home and be an ornamental piece? If your final thought is you want it for camping or any similar activities, that means it must be portable. You should look for a model that is easy to stow and move, lightweight, and easy to pull out fast, easy to set up, and use.
However, beyond those three main features, it is mainly up to individual measures. The primary thing is, does it look nice?
Elegant is a significant part of outdoor fire pits and homes, and picking one is not as simple as “do I like how it looks?” Whether it looks nice with your surroundings and specific decoration is the key thing to consider. For example, you could pack up your room with pieces of furniture that will look nice solitarily but clash dreadfully, creating a loud mess; the same goes for your backyard.
Based on your backyard maintenance and decoration, your fire pit looks will be considered depending on your circumstances. In your backyard, do you have any garden? Does the tendency of natural terrain is towards gray, green, or another color? For example, what looks good on blue may not look good on green.
This is the reason your fire pit needs to have a versatile look.
Things to Look for and What to Avoid
If the product is to be left outdoors, keep away from low-priced products that use weak materials. At least, you want a top-class stainless steel burner that will not corrode or rust and become a hazard.
Keep away from burner units that don’t feature a steady foothold. Children or pets might often knock or trip over an unsteady fire pit. If it is going to be used outdoors when camping or on your new deck, portable outdoor fire pits designed with metal legs keep away from those because that might conduct heat.
Let’s have a look at what we have discussed above. In this article we have talked about 10 best propane fire pits in detail and tried to review them providing guidance on various requirements such as portability, toughness, budgets, etc
To simplify your pick for outdoor propane fire pits, we researched and reviewed them based on the factors you should check out before buying the best gas fire pit. And we have shared our point of view on which factors you need to consider while selecting on your own.