Nowadays, fire pits are not the only reason for getting warmer with your friends and family, but it also creates a visual beauty with its attractive and eye-catchy design. Design-wise, today’s fire pits are such that can make ordinary backyards look exceptionally better.
As they produce both heat and light; as a result, these can be used not only in winter as well as in summer they can come convenient.
Yes, we know the elegance and capability of these fire pits are not easy to deny, but sometimes it becomes pretty much harder for you to find an exact place for these fire pits to match with your backyard.
If you are looking for the best fire pits, this article could help you the most. In this article, we will review the outdoor fire pits with their features, pros, and cons to help you select the best.
Best Fire Pits In 2020 Review
There are lots of fire pits in the market nowadays. But as a customer, how will you know which one is the best for you. Don’t worry. We have gone through comprehensive research from all over online markets to make your buying decision much more comfortable.
Below we have accumulated some best outdoor fire pit for you to choose your desired brand easily. Here are a few tips from us that might help you to make the right decision while purchasing any products.
1. Outland Portable Propane Fire Pit
For camping trips, this one is the ideal outdoor centerpiece. This set can also bring hours of entertainment and fun to your RV travels, beach parties, attending any get-togethers, and family evenings on the backyard quad may also be used equally.
Now we are sharing with you all the pros and cons of this product so that you can make the correct choice before buying.
- Measurement: Length 19″ x Weight 19″ x Height 11″.
- Total output: 58,000 BTU/HR (British Thermal Unit Per Hour).
- This product is a spark-free propane fire pit.
- It includes a pre-attached 10-Ft (feet) tube.
- Keep your standard 20-Lb (libra) propane tank cylinder (not included) safely out of sight.
- Optional accessories of CSA (Canadian Standards Association) approved Natural Gas. Cover & Carry Kit 730 Conversion Kit 780 and Standard Carry Bag 760 available separately.
- Travel size fire pit is lightweight and portable.
- Easily set up in minutes with no tools required.
- Safe to use during most campfire bans.
- Spark free propane campfire helps protect campgrounds and forest areas with a more reliable and convenient fire option.
- Durable, high-quality steel construction.
- Protective enamel finish for dependable longevity.
- Superior stainless steel burner and fasteners.
- Great for RV (recreational vehicle)
- Nice little unit with reasonable priced
- Nice looking and excellent in quality
- A good amount of flame and heat.
- Awesome for camping and cooking
- No cover available with this product.
It is lightweight and portable as a result, it is very comfortable, specially for outings. The only drawback, no cover is available with this product.
2. Stainless Steel Outdoor Smokeless Fire Pit
This product is one of the unique fire pits known as Solo Stove Bonfire, with stainless steel construction all around pushing the limits of both combustion airflow efficiency with its all stainless steel construction.
- Height: 14 inches
- Width: 19.5 inches
- Weight: 20 lbs
- Materials: 304 Stainless steel
- Fuel: Firewood Logs
- Heavy-duty carry case included for FREE!
- To get a nice fire, it doesn’t take much wood.
- Pleasing flame with no smoke
- Compact design
- Build and design to last
- Burns wet wood to ash
- Great for marshmallow roasting (smores)
- Burns very clean
- No problem starting a fire
- It’s as good as the advertising
- Lacking heat output on cold nights.
- Tend to rust within a month
It usually doesn’t need much wood to get fire. It is very comfortable, specially for outings. Besides, its building design truly lasts for a long time. The only drawback, no cover is available with this product.
3. Bond Manufacturing Portable Steel Propane Fire Pit
Bond manufacturing portable fire pit made up of steel frame with rubbed bronze finish construction and an excellent combustion airflow efficiency with all stainless steel construction.
- Steel frame with rubbed bronze finish
- Measurement: 18.5″ wide and 14.7″ high
- Weight: 18 pounds
- Includes lid, stones, tank holder, gas hose and regulator
- Uses a 20-pound propane tank (not included) and has a 50,000 BTU (British Thermal Unit Per Hour) output.
- Safe for wood decks and great for camping.
- Decent quality
- Good heat
- Nice flame
- Gives off fair warmth
- Instant fire
- Easy to transport
- High heat with no time
- Perfect for camping
- The regulator might quit working
This one is truly great for camping. Built with decent quality and also very comfortable. It is well known for instant fire and pretty much easy to transport. The only drawback, the regulator, might stop working just after using it for a few times.
4. BALI OUTDOORS Fire Pit
If you are looking for a fire pit that will make your traveling life more comfortable, this lightweight fire pit is an excellent choice for you, with no instruments required at all. Below we have shared some of its specific features, pros, and cons with you so that you get clear thinking about it. As we care about your hard-earned money.
- Measurements: 18. 7″ L x 18. 7″ W x 14. 6″ Tall
- Stainless steel burner
- Steel construction with high-temperature powder coating and protective enamel finish for long-lasting durability.
- Comes with Smart locking lid, 10” gas hose, regulator and lava rock
- CSA approved fire bowl
- Auto-ignition that confirms a fast and simple startup of the portable gas fire pit
- Lightweight and portable
- Easy set up anywhere outdoors with no tools required
- Coating and protective with an enamel finish for long-lasting durability.
- Very easy to use
- Comes with a solid design
- Easy fire for camping
- This one is perfect for a bonfire
- Instant smokeless fire pit
- Can be used in all types of weather
- Last for long
- A weak Igniter tend to break
BALI OUTDOOR is very easy to set up, very lightweight and portable to carry. It can be set up anywhere without any tools. The only downside of this product is it comes with a weaker igniter which tends to break.
5. Landmann Sky Stars and Moons Fire Pit
Are you searching for a lucrative fire pit? Landmann is one of the rare, unique, stylish, and decorative fire pits for your backyard. This fire pit will make you feel like you are camping in your yard. Here we are going to split all the pros and cons of this product to get an excellent buying guideline.
- Measurement: The diameter of the Bowl is 23.5 inches.
- Includes full-size enamel cooking grate
- Constructed with sturdy steel
- Offers 360 viewings of the fire
- Includes full-size enamel cooking grate
- Sturdy steel construction designed for easy assemble
- Its unique and sleek decorative cutouts create an incredible ambiance at night
- Best product at a high price
- Easy to assemble
- Its size is much larger than it looks
- Excellent fire pit at a reasonable price
- Kids friendly
- Easy to transport
- Larger fire capacity
- Grilling option is available
- Might get rust very quickly
- Paint may flake off
This one is an excellent supplement for your outdoor space. It has a problem of getting rust within a short period. But from our point of view, we think the best part of this product is it will sound like a bell even after using it for two years.
6. Landmann Garden Light Fire Pit
Are you looking for the best fire pit at an affordable price that will also meet your criteria? This one is going to achieve all that you want. With a great look and strong iron build, this fire pit looks incredible. We believe you can bet your money with a definite win.
Here we are trying to help you by listing all its pros and cons and, last but not least, of course, with our final verdict.
- Measurement: Fire bowl is 23-1/2-Inch
- Includes spark screen and poker
- You can view the fire at 360 degree
- Weight: 22 pounds
- Easy to assemble
- Attractive looks
- Long-time service without any trouble
- Set up will take only 10 minutes
- Functioning is top-notch
- Legs are solidly build
- It has a deep pit and well-contained fire
- For smaller urban backyard this one is perfect
- A great choice for suburban life
- Paint may worn out.
- Chance of getting rust very fast
According to the price range, this fire pit is an excellent and top-notch product. The only problem is getting in touch with rust very quickly. Other than this, for outing, picnic, or even spending time in your backyard, this product is undoubtedly one of the top products within such a small price range.
7. Sunnydaze Northland Outdoor Fire Pit
Do you love to hang out with a big group of people? Or do you have a large number of friends with whom you spend your time a lot? If yes, then this gorgeous and captivating fire pit is just perfect for you. The stunning looks of this fire pit are going to give your backyard an outburst.
We have gone through all the major online markets to accumulate the correct information about this product with all its pros and cons to save your time. Go through all the reviews about this product that we have given below and take your buying decision without any hesitation.
- Includes a full grill set
- Measurement: 36 inches long x 27 inches wide x 25 inches
- Weight: 30 pounds
- Grate dimensions: 19.5″ Length x 11.75″ Width
- Comes with 1-year manufacturer’s warranty
- For a bonfire perfect to fit many people around
- Ideal for BBQ cooking
- High resistance for dust and rust
- Best deal you will find
- It will meet your needs pretty well
- Comes with a perfect cover
- Well built and safer than most other
- It is family-friendly
- Comfortable to put together
- Comes with a cover
- Poor craftsmanship with a minimum instruction
- Made with cheap material
- It might be wrapped up from the heat from firewood
There is nothing doubtable about its good look. Besides, Sunnydaze Northland is perfect for family outings, picnics, and any parties. Within the price range, this fire pit is one of the finest products out there. The only drawback of this fire pit is its poor craftsmanship and building materials.
8. LEMY Outdoor Square Metal Fire Pit
Are you seriously looking for a durable fire pit? Then this one is absolutely a fantastic product for you to choose. This product is made with strong and long-lasting steel. Most importantly, according to its design and look, this product is very cheap.
We have allocated every possible information about this product just for your comfort to make your buying decision easier. Below we have given features, pros, and cons and a final verdict about this product.
- G.W. (Gigawatt): 13.8 kg / 30.4 lb (Pound)
- Material: Black and Mesh finish iron
- Size of Pot: 22.6 x 22.6 x 4.1″(LengthxWidthxHeight);
- Rain Cover (PVC): 32.67″x32.67″x18.11″;
- Cover Size(Outer): 32.3 x 32.3 x 13.6″(LengthxWidthxHeight)
- Overall Dimension (with Lid): 32″ x 32″ x 17.25″(LxWxH)
- Overall Dimension (without Lid): 32″ x 32″ x 12.75″(LxWxH)
- Make sure you do not place your fire pit under trees, on a wood deck, or under a covered porch
- If it is too windy or too dry, do not use your fire pit.
- Never leave your fire pit unwatched, wind can rapidly kick out sparks.
- Remember always to use a poker when trying to move logs in the fire pit.
- Use a spark screen to keep embers inside the fire pit.
- To avoid fire, do not place it on a wooden floor or carpet.
- For safety concerns, never leave the fire pit outside with fire while nobody is around, or place it on a wooden floor or flammable floor, for metal conducts heat or starts popping out.
- Mesh cover available
- Easy to assemble
- Easy to put many things together
- Good for the price
- Lightweight fire pit
- Great for hotdogs and relaxing around the fire
- Reasonable in price
- Tend to rust very quickly
- Missing instruction guide
- Too shallow
LEMY metal fire pit is seriously strong steel made fire pit, which will last for long. One more thing which is very extraordinary about this product is it comes with a very low price. On the other hand, this firepit tends to get rust in a short period.
9. Portable Pop Up Fire Pit
Are you searching for a small and folding fire pit? Then this one is a perfect choice for you. Just for your information, this fire pit is known as the first-ever portable wood or charcoal-burning fire pit. You can even pack it down smaller than a camp chair. Isn’t it wonderful?
So we are sharing with you about the overall features, pros, and cons and, most importantly, a final verdict from us.
- Measurement: 24 x 24 x 15 inches
- Overall Weight: 8 pounds
- Manufacturer: Fireside Industries
- Discount: Not available
- Very lightweight
- Easy to assemble
- Folding system
- Perfect for camping or Overlanding
- Performance beyond expectation
- An ideal fire pit for travelers
- Burns great
- Easy to pack after using
- An excellent choice for students
- Easy on/off
- Heatshield not may dissolve
- Little rust may appear on the mesh
From our research, we think this fire pit is seriously one of the best products to purchase. The major part of choosing this product is it is very lightweight, and most importantly, it has a folding option, which is great. One more thing, Pop up fire pit is designed in such a way is that students will be able to use it anywhere and everywhere with no carrying problems. Finally, anyone and everyone will be happy about purchasing this product.
10. Aluminum Oval Gas Fire Pit
Are you looking for a fire pit that is aluminum built with a combination of durability with the look of iron and lightweight? Oh, many things in one bag, right?
Hold on then. This fire pit is just a perfect choice for you. We have gone through prolonged research and gathered every possible information about this product. We have given its features, pros, cons, and lastly, given our final verdict at the end for you to make a perfect decision while purchasing.
- Measurements: 51 x 40 x 24 inches
- Item Weight: 91 pounds
- Discount: Not available
- Made with aluminum
- Unique construction with a beautiful color
- Very much lucrative
- Easy to sit around
- Less than an hour to assemble it
- Nice flame
- Value for the money
- You may need to buy an extra 10 lbs of fire glass.
One of the top-notch products with almost no negative side at all. The only point is you may need to buy an extra fire glass.
How To Choose The Top Rated Fire Pits For Your Backyards
Whether it is day or night, it doesn’t matter, just with a suitable fire pit, you will love to spend every moment of your free time. While you start gathering with your loved ones and laughing into the early bright hours, you will desire to go for the right design according to your space.
We are excited to help you boost your backyard ambiance with a perfect and pleasant pit.
Now you might be thinking about how to know which one is worth it? How will you make your final decision? Sit tight! Nothing to worry at all. We are working as a help port where you can share and take your decisions without a second thought.
Types Of Fire Pits
Whether you want to decorate your balcony or backyards, there are an ample number of fire pits in the market with a vast range of styles, materials, and sizes. We have assembled an essential guideline for you to choose according to their design and style before making your final decision.
Are you looking for a fire pit that will look like a coffee or a tea table? Here you go, this is exactly what you are looking for.
A fire pit table is identical to an outdoor coffee table with a campfire present in the center. The tables are hoisted on legs, and like other typical tables, these tables come in an extensive bundle of styles. On the surrounding flat surface of the pit, you can easily place drinks and snacks – just keep in mind that don’t put them too close.
According to the style and design, the table fire pits are generally larger than the regular one. They are challenging to move, but they are just ideal for picking up your feet.
Are you seeking for a fire pit that can hold logs? What are you waiting for then? This one is just an ideal choice for you.
Similar to the tables, fire bowls also come up with a gross number of sizes. Rather than having a table surface enclosing the pit, this product is designed with a large pouch that can hold the logs (specially designed for wood-burning fire pits) or glass bead (specially designed for gas-powered fire pits). Raising the fire bowl up on legs, you can stop wasting heat or even settle it straight on the ground. Fire bowls are convenient and easy to clean. Depending on the size of the bowl you select; usually, they are comfortable and easy to clean.
If you are one of them who are looking for both lucrative as well as stunning design fire pits with the essence of a traditional campfire, you can think of this one.
Though it is made up of metal, it is pretty much lightweight, portable, and lesser in height than tables that can be put on the ground very easily. This product is available with or without bottom bowls. But bowls are used to protect you from any ash or coals and reduce accidental approach by kids and pets.
Pagoda & Fireplace Designs
Are you searching for a big size fireplace with a captivating and gorgeous look? You don’t need to waste your time anymore. This one is undoubtedly going to create enchantment in your mind.
With fewer pits and more mini metal bandstand, fire pagodas combine the warmth of both a campfire and the appeal of big size lanterns on feet. From hitting up your balcony, courtyard, deck, or veranda, this product comes with a design of lifted dias that you can easily decorate in the place where you build a fire. The features of this product are eye-catchy with an easy and ornamented portable design.
Are you exploring a column fire pit with a breathtaking, artistic and classic look? We hope this specific design will meet all your criteria.
With a vivid grand look, this fire column comes with a taller design and usually thinner than a table. These products usually run on gas. Designwise this pit may have fire bowls placed over them.
Few designs have solid sections that make the fire look as if it is directly coming from the peak of the column-as if like a grand torch. You can save a lot of space on smaller patios as the footprint of this product comes with a smaller size.
With some vivid masonry detail along with the side stones around, it will create awe in your mind.
If you are seriously looking for a tiny and portable fire pit, perhaps this one is what you are looking for? Tabletop pits can be easily fit on top of your patio table. Like bowls and tables, these pits do not drive out as much heat as possible; however, they still create the same magic of dancing flames. If you don’t have a bigger patio or you don’t want any hassle regarding maintenance, a tabletop is going to be ideal for you.
Fuel Sources For Fire Pit
You have a beautiful and mind-blowing fire pit, sounds good, but have you ever thought about its fuel birthplaces? In this part, we will allocate different types and sources of fuel for your fire pits.
We know the common fuel origin for any traditional backyard fire pit is wood. It is economical, natural, and creates a nostalgic glow and warmth out of a classic campfire.
However, wood fires have a few downsides, which are tougher to start and keep up, and the smoke that comes out can create problems in people’s eyes.
If you are interested in buying any fire pits, just visit our wood-burning fire pit buying guide to make sure it is the right choice for you.
Do you want your fire pit to ignite just at the flip of a switch? Gas-powered fire pits are the right choice for you. They might have propane tanks or the natural gas you are using in your home and provide you with the control over the fire you will not get with wood anyway. With a high price, it produces less heat than wood-burning fires.
The bowl filters of the gas fire pits are often made of smooth stones, glass beads, or lava stones. This covers the bottom burner component and adds an extra-ornamental touch to your fire pit. To transform the look of your pit, you can change the bowl of your fire filter at any time.
Fire Pit Materials
As we know, metal is much more durable, so most of the free backyard fire pits are made with metal. Also, it is easy to clean and more or less fireproof. Some of the popular fire pits materials that are used regularly are:
Copper is a rusty-tone metal that adds cozy warmth for a long time even when you stop fire burning. When put outdoors, copper can quickly turn into a luxurious green look within a short time. Remember, to keep your copper pit shiny and to produce great warmth. You need to clean this material regularly.
If you are looking for something with a low-maintenance, copper is not the perfect one for you- unless you have a great affection for the patina.
As a prominent, steel fire pits frequently use this dark, corrosion-resistance metal as a tone on the legs of the fire table also for the manufacturing of the pit itself. For extra durability, this metal comes in painted and powder-coated varieties. If you are looking for a fire pit that is lightweight and portable as well, this one is comparatively lightweight. As a result, it is much easier to move around your yard.
Cast iron is pretty much well known for spreading heat. It is a strong solid metal that is well organized at rolling out the heat. Also very tough to knock over these fire pits as these products are entirely heavy. Thus it is a great safety.
On the other hand, it is also challenging to move from one place to another. If you are planning to keep your fire pit fixed in one place, this is absolutely a great choice. With a classic look of rust, this product is going to touch your mind.
Often you will see stone or masonry detailing in many fire pits. On the tops of fire tables, this is a very common thing. Fire pits that are made of stone are comparatively substantial. If you don’t plan to move the table around the yard, it is a better option for you.
When it comes to keeping your fire pit clean, stone made fire pits should be a genuine choice for you as it is much easier to keep clean because it doesn’t tend to rust as some other metals do. Besides, you should not keep it in an exposed area where it comes in touch with extreme temperatures. There is a possibility of the stone being cracked after a few rounds of defrosting and cooling.
If your home’s interior design is brick or stone detailed, this fire pit will be the ideal one for your outdoor ornamentation.
Safety is another essential factor to consider while planning to set up a fire pit. Sizewise most of the pits are between 20 to 48 inches square or in diameter.
Preferably the distance of the fire pit where it is going to be placed should be at least 10 feet apart from any other structures on the sides – which includes your house or other building and also the trees in your yard.
Fire pits might outspread plenty of heat. But if this distance is maintained properly, it will keep the plants in your garden and home side from getting too warm. You should check with the county officials to see if there are any specific rules in your area regarding where (and on what) you can set up your fire pit.
To protect your deck, it is essential to keep in mind that you should never put your fire pit directly on grass or any floor. Rather, it is better to place it on a base that is more than 18 inches far away from the pit’s perimeter to protect the ground or your deck.
The ideal place to set up your fire pit is a concrete or brick patio. Also, you can purchase a pit pad so that you can set it up under it. To protect the ground below the fire pit, you can move these mats anywhere in your yard.
It is best to place your fire pit in the open air because the ashes or charcoal can float and drift up out of the pit and land on the roof, and obviously, you are not willing to take this type of risk at all. If you plan to set a fire pit in a covered area, then a gas-powered pit is a better choice than a wood-burning option.
This is because the flames are easy to control with a little risk of stray embers getting loose. Also, remember not to put your pit under overhanging branches of trees.
From solid and rustic to sleek and elegant, there are many fire pit designs out there to awe you. Remember, choose only those which catch your eyes, and then grind in on the various options framed up from the material you love.
If you let your taste guide you, it becomes a piece of cake, creating relaxing heaven outdoors!
Let’s see in brief what we discussed above. We talked about 10 top fire pits in detail. We tried to review them, providing information about various things such as design, portability, durability, buying instruction, fuel source, materials used, and finally, a safety and placement guideline.
Just a personal sharing from us.
If you have just planned to buy a fire pit, make sure it fulfills all your desires. Try to buy the one that suits your budget. But if you don’t have any problem with the price, consider the pricey one for you as you will get a lavish and captivating fire pit.